Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Xenon assembly feels loose if you remove the rear cover. I've aimed them correctly, but there's a little play with the whole Xenon projector. I noticed it while going over bumps. It jiggles a bit. Anyone know how to tighten this? I don't think it's related to the 6 mm adjustment knobs. I think it's related to how the Xenon attaches to the adjustable base.

2006 Mazdaspeed. Just picked up Saturday. I can bring it to the dealer, but if it's a simple fix....

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
i believe it's normal... i dont know why, but just look/drive at some HID-equipped cars and when you are driving on a bad road, you'll see how it kinda shakes as opposed to going up and down firmly.... dont know how to say this.. lol

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My right headlight does the same thing. I only noticed it after I installed my HIDs. I asked the dealer bout replacing the headlamp housing and they told me that it was normal, but due to the fact that I installed after market HID's they wont cover it under warranty..

·
Registered
336 Posts
the Xenon assembly feels loose if you remove the rear cover. I've aimed them correctly, but there's a little play with the whole Xenon projector. I noticed it while going over bumps. It jiggles a bit. Anyone know how to tighten this? I don't think it's related to the 6 mm adjustment knobs. I think it's related to how the Xenon attaches to the adjustable base.

2006 Mazdaspeed. Just picked up Saturday. I can bring it to the dealer, but if it's a simple fix....[/b]
Mines does the same thing, I guess maybe it's the 6 or just a normal HID thing. :cool:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
it is the auto leveling function of the headlights[/b]
i dont think our car comes with the auto levelling... the MS6 has 3-step manual levelling.... and HID-equipped car wont adjust the levelling that fast... they auto level prob when the car is not levelled (up/down hill).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts