Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 6i (sedan) atx, with non bose system, and i found 2 loose plugs on the top of the inside of the trunk. This might be a stupid question but is that in anyway a pre hookup for the bose system incase someone wanted to upgrade?

I ask cuz i'm about to put in a new system, i already have all the wires, the amp, and the subs, but before i started splicing and dicing, i thought maybe that plug could be used for something. Cuz its just hanging there, theres a big one and with about 4 wires running from it, and a smaller one with 2 wires running from it. any info would be appreciated

I can put a picture if necessary

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
1 is for bose, and if you don't have bose it is not hot. Won't work for you.

2 is for a 3rd brake light that is not used if you have a spoiler with the brake light. It should be good for a ground, but it will not really be good for power because it is only hot when your foot is on the brake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanx, but what does the other side of the bose plug connect to? Is it possible to use that for my wiring connections?

·
Registered
293 Posts
although, i dont have one, it could possibly go to the amp hookup plug under the passenger seat, just a guess though

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Awesome thanx, but what does the other side of the bose plug connect to? Is it possible to use that for my wiring connections?
[/b]
It goes to the bose amp under the seat, but if you don't have bose then it is not connected to anything, therefore not recieving power or signal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I finally finished with the hookup, after about 4 hrs, but it was worth it i guess. BTW what i meant was if i could splice into the "non hot" bose cable instead of having to run wires under the side panels and stuff. Cuz i did find another loose plug under the passenger seat, but by the time i saw it i had already done everything else. So thanx anyways for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts