Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my windows tinted and after that was done I noticed if my drivers window was down an inch or two it will rattle when closing the door or if the bass is cranked. If pulling up on the window glass (side closest to rear) the window actually pulls out of the frame very easy. Both front windows do this, and I never noticed it before and the rattle is very annoying.

I've searched the boards for any similar thread and have'nt found anything. Anyone else have the same problem? I havent taken it to the dealer yet because the drivers window needs to be retinted due to some debis or bubling under the tint.

04 V6 Hatch
[attachmentid=11946]
[attachmentid=11947]
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
holy crap...go back and have the tint place fix that

·
Registered
431 Posts
You know.. I have "factory tint" and my windows dont do that, but they do rattle in the sil. If I have them all the way up or all the way down its fine, but if its part way rolled it sounds as if the glass hits something metal when the car bumps.

Let us know if you find an easy solution on your own cuz I'd like to know as well. :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Sounds like the tint shop screwed up your car, take it back to them and let them look at it, otherwise you should go to the dealer......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you checked the tracks on the inside of the door? id take the door panel off an look to see whats going on.
[/b]
I did take off the panel, but there is yet another panel underneith. From what I could see from the top looking down is, there is a single rail in the middle of the door that holds the glass.

Sounds like the tint shop screwed up your car, take it back to them and let them look at it, otherwise you should go to the dealer......
[/b]
I have an appointement with the dealer (I have a couple other issues again too) to get this looked at. I'm not going back to the original tint place because its more than 60 miles away and there is a tint place close to my dealer that should honnor my Llumar warranty with my crappy tint job.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You know...my fronts do the same from day 1. I noticed it pulled out like yours does when I had a strong cross-wind...wind from right to left...vacuum through my driver's window. Happened a coupleof times. Just have to watch direction of wind in my case. The rattlin', I though it was just that way.- chip

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have 6, 2006 and i told the dealer to tint my window and it rattle and i when back to the dealer and they fix it and i was telling the worker that when i roll down the window and the work say oh yea it rattle and the dealer know about it

·
Registered
348 Posts
i have 6, 2006 and i told the dealer to tint my window and it rattle and i when back to the dealer and they fix it and i was telling the worker that when i roll down the window and the work say oh yea it rattle and the dealer know about it
[/b]

Got mine doing that looong ago. Took it to the dealer one day , they kept my car for 2 whole days , then gave it back saying that it was normal! WTF!!!! i took the panel off myself , saw that there was another panel , with soooo many screws there , didnt wanna take it off. But noticed there were 2 squared like plugs , that if u take off , and roll the window to the middle , u'll see the track of the window and the 2 screws that hold it. I loosened them a little , and then retightened them , it did solve the problem and rattling , althoug if u try to move the window with ur hand , it will move a liiiittle bit , but definitely solved the problem and rattling. And it doesnt come out of its place when going up or down , like it used to do.
hope this helps/

·
Registered
431 Posts
I should probably take mine apart sometime and see why it rattles. Im relatively certain it was caused by the dealership tint job so it should be reversible if I can get the door apart.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well after a few days without my car, I have it back. The dealer has deemed my window rattle normal. I'm not satisfied. I may take the door apart myself and see what I can do. The dealer told me if they tighten anything up, the window won't operate. I smell some BS here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
even though they say not to touch windows for 3 days, it can still take up to 3-6 months depending on the weather for the tint to fully dry and cure onto the windows. so any bubbling or debris may go away with time. but i would still bring it back to the shop telling them that your window never flexed like that before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
wannabe6owner
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing