Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dropped my Mazda6 at the Mazda dealership because when I stepped on the brake and moved the steeering wheel left and right I could feel a clicking on the brake. They concluded that it was a loose bearing because of my springs? I have Eibach Pro-kit which arent that bad of a drop.. so I was wondering if anyone else experienced this or some input. The total cost service told me if my warranty wont cover for lowering my car would be 265$.

Also, anyone else have an experience reversing? then putting it into neutral and letting go of the clutch the car dies? acting like it was still in gear. turned it on.. holding the clutch.. I couldn't push it to any gear at all, when I let go of the clutch my car would die again. happened 4 times until it was normal.. Mazda hasnt found any problems with the transmission yet.

Thanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
When you install the spring, did you transfer the rubber piece that cover the top and bottom of the spring? If you didn't put that on, there could be the clicking noise you mentioned when you steer.

The clutch issue you have might be the shift cable, also check the transmission fluid level.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
So I dropped my Mazda6 at the Mazda dealership because when I stepped on the brake and moved the steeering wheel left and right I could feel a clicking on the brake. They concluded that it was a loose bearing because of my springs? I have Eibach Pro-kit which arent that bad of a drop.. so I was wondering if anyone else experienced this or some input. The total cost service told me if my warranty wont cover for lowering my car would be 265$.

Also, anyone else have an experience reversing? then putting it into neutral and letting go of the clutch the car dies? acting like it was still in gear. turned it on.. holding the clutch.. I couldn't push it to any gear at all, when I let go of the clutch my car would die again. happened 4 times until it was normal.. Mazda hasnt found any problems with the transmission yet.

Thanks. [/b]
that's a pretty interesting jump of logic by the dealer. you cannot be refused warranty repair work simply because you installed an aftermarket part on your car unless the dealer can prove that the installation of that part was directly responsible for the failure. i'm not sure how they can claim the springs caused a wheel bearing failure. it might be wise to get Mazda involved in this one, demand proof of how the spring install caused your problem.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
that's a pretty interesting jump of logic by the dealer. you cannot be refused warranty repair work simply because you installed an aftermarket part on your car unless the dealer can prove that the installation of that part was directly responsible for the failure. i'm not sure how they can claim the springs caused a wheel bearing failure. it might be wise to get Mazda involved in this one, demand proof of how the spring install caused your problem.
[/b]
Good luck on that.

When it said "Can not refuse repair just for a modification unless they can prove it is related to the modification" That is pretty much a nice way of them saying:

"If we say it is, then we just proved it all we need to"

Your best bet would be to take it to another dealer and see their opinion and possibly they won't care as much about modifications... Or take it to a 3rd party, non biased to the dealer, mechanic just to have him look at it and find the exact problem, and if it is a result of the drop, before taking it to the dealer. then go to the dealer and Show them what the proven problem is and that it isn't caused by the drop(if it is determined to not be caused by the mod that is).

Go in prepared for any answer man. It lets them know they can't bully you for mod's.. and makes it sound as though you know what the hell is up so they can't pull any fast ones on ya to save from having to fix the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts