Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RAGE VIGORS: unknown weight- looks very heavy, but also looks good

ADR CONCEPT-PROS: only 17 pounds, very inexpensive, questionable boy-racer look

Or, the OEM wheels- we know how they look.

Pictured is my car after its first bath, and my wife who came out to ask me to do her's next :sarc

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reading Topic: Looks or Performance

Please use your imagination- those are bad photochops. The Vigor's are $520 shipped while the Concept-Pros are $409 shipped. Price is important, because wheels are NOT priority one. OEM wheels are $525, and I don't want to go over that price.

So which is it?

Lighter wheels and higher performance?
Heavier wheels and better looks?
OEM wheels that look great, but are common?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

hm............... is that per rim in 17's? i'd go with the ADR. it still looks good while being light.;)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Tell your girlfriend/wife/whatever not TO SIT ON THE CAR!!!!!!!!!

You'll get dents!!!!!!!

Today's ultra-thin sheet metal work doesn't allow any physical contact like that. Be aware that I'm not joking here!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

WhoDiddy- those prices are for the entire set of 4 wheels, shipped.

Steve 6er- I know. She's caught on camera this time.

Boy, now that I'm at work (on a different monitor); I can see how poor of a job I did washing out the wheel covers you can see behind the alloys. Very bad photochops!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

No tires yet. I was looking at Sumitomo HTR+ tires. They're all season tires, but decent ones and shouldn't break the bank. I'm planning on throwing my 16" tires on my Wife's Camry, since the OEM tires that came with it have a treadwear of 160 and will be gone soon. So, I won't have two sets for the seasons.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replying to Topic 'Looks or Performance'

To be honest, I didn't really like the ADR's looks until I saw this MX-6 (another SWEET car- a precursor to the '6)

And, to be fair, the Vigor's on another car. I think these wheels match the '6 much better, but are probably 4-5lbs heavier each:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

stretchsje's last one was really really nice! Then.. the gun metal Sukudo's where very nice as well :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Black car and gold sukudo's. That's going to be sweet. [What I'm puitting on mine in 18's]

·
Registered
176 Posts

I decided to stay on 16" because of poor roads in here but ... how about 225/50R16 tyres? can I accomodate 225?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts