Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Yes.

Logitech makes, without a doubt, the best peripherals on the market. Twice in the last couple years I've tried to give MS a shot when I liked the look of their Keyboard/Mouse better, both times I was quite dissapointed. The MS stuff always has keys that stick, tends to lag occassionally, 'loses' the occassional keystroke, and eats batteries faster than any Logitech device I've had.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have a 2 year old Logitech MX duo, wireless kb/mouse and its been good so far ... no lag and great battery life ... mouse battery is rechargeable though and kb battery lasts ~6 months

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I use the HP wireless keyboard and mouse combo, its $50 at compusa, but the mouse eats batteries like an RX8 consumes oil. The keyboard itself is top notch though, and has exceptional battery life.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i have a belkin mouse and keyboard for 30 dollars cant complain its been PERFECT i did have one slip up witht he keyboard and htey sent one for free no questions so i love it. they have all lifetime warranties

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a Logitech Duo as well - I love it. I've had it for about 2 years and think I've only replaced the mouse batteries once - maybe twice (2 AAA). I've also used Logitech controllers for my PS2 and Xbox and loved them both as well.
Logitech makes good stuff for sure. :thumbup: :thumbup: 2 thumbs up.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
yea, i wouldnt spend a dime on a dated wireless keyboard and mouse set like the one in the above link. I would however spend it on this...

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...4887&pfp=BROWSE
[/b]
Dated?

The MX5000 is newer than the S-510.

The mouse in the MX5000 alone is worth more than the entire S-510 setup is. Literally.

Their both great setups, but their aimed at entirely different users. The S-510 is for the casual user that wants something that looks really cool (even at the sacrifice of some comfort) and functions very well. The MX5000 is more aimed at the gamer / hardcore PC user that wants every function under the sun integrated into their keyboard (the thing even interfaces with your cell phone), a keyboard and mouse designed for extensive and comfortable usage, and one of the best cordless laser mice that money can buy (surpassed only by Logitech's G7).

The MX5000 is worth it if you're in the market it's aimed at. There's nothing else like it. If you're a more casual user than something like the S-510 will probably do you just fine. And it looks great on your desk too.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I had a Logitech basic combo for about a year and a half and the only issue I had was the mouse eating batteries. Just got a new Microsoft 6000 Laser combo and like the form and functions better, but it loses signal a lot, whereas I never had a problem with the logitech.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Microsoft was the only ergo wireless I could find when I was looking. Had it for year and half now and only changed batteries in the mouse once never yet in the keyboard. Been very happy w/ the set.

·
Registered
758 Posts
yea, i wouldnt spend a dime on a dated wireless keyboard and mouse set like the one in the above link. I would however spend it on this...

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...4887&pfp=BROWSE
[/b]
I just bought this exact combo about a month ago, and they're great. The keyboard is very thin and stylish; would work great w/a flat screen monitor. This combo is my recommendation. :yesnod:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Figured I'd add a reply to this as I just bought a new wireless combo a couple months ago.

My second job is electronics salesmen at Staples (two evenings a week, gas money) so I play with the electronics alot.

I have to say that Logitech is one of the BEST manufacturers on the market, they just make quality stuff. I realized the other day that, without trying to be brand-loyal and just buying what I thought was the "best", it turns out that all my peripherals for the computer and ps2 are logitech.

However, with that being said, I have never been happy with a Logitech mouse. As much as I love the company, I just find that the aesthetics and contour of their mice just don't seem comfortable to me. They don't fit my hand right, and the buttons are in weird places.

So, when I bought my new combo I actually went with Microsoft, and I've been happy with it. A mouse that fits my hand, the extra buttons are right where my thumb naturally rests, and I like the scroll wheel tilting left and right as well.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I can get you the Logitech s-510 for $54.45 with a $20 mail in rebate so you only pay $35 for it if you'd like...I can check on the MX5000...$109.50 for the MX5000...let me know biatch!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can get you the Logitech s-510 for $54.45 with a $20 mail in rebate so you only pay $35 for it if you'd like...I can check on the MX5000...$109.50 for the MX5000...let me know biatch!
[/b]
:eek: ... as a female i take that term differently :p..... what do you have one that "fell" off the back of a truck, :laugh:

yeah i think i am gonna go with the MX5000 combo... a co-worker just got the MX1000 mouse and said it is great....

thank you to everyone for their input, it was helpful.... :D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
:eek: ... as a female i take that term differently :p..... what do you have one that "fell" off the back of a truck, :laugh:

yeah i think i am gonna go with the MX5000 combo... a co-worker just got the MX1000 mouse and said it is great....

thank you to everyone for their input, it was helpful.... :D
[/b]

Nopers, not off the back of the truck...however I work for an electronics retailer and I get good discounts, mostly cost on everything, and a lot of stuff below cost at times...however, please let me know if you want it, I dont mind facilitating.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
18 Participants
Confuc1ous
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing