Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 8500 miles on my car and my tires dont have much life left so I was just going to buy new wheels and tires because I hate the stock rims plus there a pain to clean with so many spokes. I have a Titanium Grey MS6 and I think I'm just going to go ahead and stay with the same size tires/wheel that the stock ones are pretty much.. I'm not sure how these colors will look with on my grey car but i'm thinking black/gunmetal/bronze. I saw someone posted about wheelstudio.com so thats where i'm looking and these are some of the things I was looking at. Looking for feed back, especially on the tires that i can pick to come with these as a package.. I want something that will last a little longer than 10-15k but still perform well, also I live in louisiana so i dont need anything for snow etc.

All these rims should be 18x7.5 and the tires that come with the package are 225/40

http://wheelstudio.com/catalog/wheels.php?...5-45r18&t3=

EPM $140
R502 Hyper Dark
[attachment=19364:r502_hypdk.jpg]

Kyowa $152
KR210 Black w/Polished Lip
[attachment=19356:kr210_blkwpil.jpg]

Gunmetal
[attachment=19357:kr210_gmwpil.jpg]

FF7 $175
Gun Metal w/Polished Lip
[attachment=19358:ff7_gmwpl.jpg]

Black
[attachment=19359:ff7_blkwpl.jpg]

FF7 $185
Hyper Black w/Polished Lip
[attachment=19363:ff7_hblkwpl.jpg]

5Zigen $225
FN01R-C Bronze (center caps sold seperately)
[attachment=19360:FN01R_C_bnz.jpg]

Hyper Black
[attachment=19361:FN01R_C_hypblk.jpg]

5Zigen $315
GN+ Bronze
[attachment=19362:GN__bnz.jpg]

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Kyowa in gunmetal or FN01R-C in hyper black

·
Registered
967 Posts
I like the first two personally. Bronze would be nice too, but you'd have to offset it with something.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EPM $140
R502 Hyper Dark

or the gram lite t57-RC which you don't have listed[/b]
I didn't see any t57-RC on there but I just googled some and they are nice looking too.

Kyowa in gunmetal or FN01R-C in hyper black[/b]
Yea i'm liking the Kyowas the most, I kind of want black but i'm scared it will look bad with my color car.

i personally don't like the FF7s or any dull rim.. the cars are shiny. so you buy shiny rims[/b]
Me either actually, they caught my eye at first but the more i look at them the more i dislike them.

I like the first two personally. Bronze would be nice too, but you'd have to offset it with something.[/b]
As in?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I didn't see any t57-RC on there but I just googled some and they are nice looking too.
Yea i'm liking the Kyowas the most, I kind of want black but i'm scared it will look bad with my color car.
Me either actually, they caught my eye at first but the more i look at them the more i dislike them.
As in?[/b]
check tirerack.com for the gram lites and view them on the vehicle (sortof)

I went with silver because I thought it would be safe. - similar to stock but different. Might have gone hyper black or hyper dark - whatever you want to call it

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm those are a bit pricey and the view one car thing sucks, they dont even have my color and they have weird tires on it so it just looks retarded no matter what.

Someone feel free to photoshop the Kyowas on a titanium grey MS6 so I can see the difference color wise.

Also, any thoughts on the tire packages that come with these rims? Also the sizes, should i have any problems or get a different size? I dont want a big gap in my wheel well where it looks funny or where i'll feel obligated to lower my car to make it look right although i may do that down the line.
http://wheelstudio.com/catalog/product_inf...5-45r18&t3=

I've always had supra on my other car but thats not an option here.

·
Registered
967 Posts
As in?[/b]
Offset the bronze color with some type of accent. Although it's a great color, I think bronze stands out too much to be on there by itself. IMO, I think a full lip kit (front and rear), lower it, a grille, something to take a little away from the bronze colored rims if you went that route.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
IMO, don't do bronze on silver. Bronze looks better on black or white and sometimes red.

Oh wait, your car is titanium grey. Bronze might look good then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same problem looking for new wheels on a liquid platium speed. Spent about a week on all the different boards and thought this link was cool.

http://config.sportcompactcarweb.com/

They have a mazda6 and you can customize the drop, color and size of the wheels. Too bad the wheel vendor choice isn't the best but I do like it somewhat better over the tirerack virtu-car. Who knows it might give you a better idea.

Anyways...The problem you/us/we are going to have is the darn offset on our cars :tear: . The ALT AT-267 (personally I was looking at the AT-298) aren't going to work because they only come in +42 and we need something greater than +45. I checked victoriatire.com, 1010tires.com, and even checked with ALT (they confirmed only +42 offset). For me, unfortunately, I have to start looking at a more pricier rim such as wedsports, g-games, enkei, etc. Hopefully one day soon I'll find something worth showing.....ok my sad story to find the perfect rim. :zzz:

·
Registered
814 Posts
I like these...

http://wheelstudio.com/catalog/product_inf...5-45r18&t3=

But again, I'd want to know the weight of the wheels....[/b]
both of those are sweet....they remind me of the Enkei LM1s...I always had a soft spot in my heart for those wheels, but went dark instead.

The ALT AT-267 (personally I was looking at the AT-298) aren't going to work because they only come in +42 and we need something greater than +45.[/b]
you can always roll the fenders brotha...lotsa people in the club are riding on 42ET or 45. just the higher you go..the less headache you might have LOL. Someone on here might even have a lower offset...but that isnt recommended. 42/45 seems to be the norm if you plan on fender rolling. In fact depending on rim/tire size and suspension...some 48s would require a roll as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.