Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm looking into getting a Mazda 6 Touring in Gray for my long commute to work (75 miles one way) and finding a place like this is a godsend with all the info. I'm hoping to grab a 2019 and get a good deal. I'm going for a test drive next Saturday and really looking forward to it.

·
Super Moderator
17,219 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Dang, I've done a 68 each-way commute for a few years in the past and a 55 for 5 others, adding another 10 - 20 to those would have been pretty rough. I will say though, this car helps with that a ton. Definitely go take it for a spin and make sure things like lumbar support and whatnot are all up to snuff.

Let us know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The drive itself really isn't bad considering it's 99% highway miles. I can make the trip in 65 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
17,219 Posts
The drive itself really isn't bad considering it's 99% highway miles. I can make the trip in 65 minutes.
Oh that's pretty good then. I was commuting into the heart of Boston so 50 miles took 90 minutes on average.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also commute 75 miles one way. I bought my 2017/6 (used with 15k) specifically as my commute car during the week. I've had it for 43k miles now and not a single hiccup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. I'm looking into getting a Mazda 6 Touring in Gray for my long commute to work (75 miles one way) and finding a place like this is a godsend with all the info. I'm hoping to grab a 2019 and get a good deal. I'm going for a test drive next Saturday and really looking forward to it.
I would really think about it. Do you want devalue the car in matter of a year or two by a couple of thousands? If you plan keeping the car for a long time, fine.
But it will loose monetary value quickly. I heard some mechanics say highway miles are about 1/4 of what would be regular city miles, that been said. I recommend the 17 in tires, the 19 in do not help with crappy roads. This cars are highly sensitive to your driving methods, the mpg rating are realistic only if you know how to drive the car properly (no speeding or crappy anticipation ) other wise you will be shocked to get 30 mpg instead of the marketed rating.

I have a 2017 mazda6 touring and 2012 mazda6 touring.... completely different cars but I can tell you, 75 miles is a long time in bucket seats. Both cars have quiet cabins, but the bucket seats suck for anything longer than 1 hr. Big wheels suck if you want a soft ride, trust me( I drove 85 miles one way for 3 months) you will get tired of the steering wheel vibration every time a small defect on the road appears. DO get the nicer screen if possible, goes a long way when it comes to comfort.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, welcome. I have a '14 6 GT with 95K. The car is great, big enough, comfortable yet sporty, and gets excellent mileage for its size and power. No timing belt (chain) so you can forget that hassle. Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts