Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brighter bulbs for the heads, fogs and highs, but unlike the majority of the members here I want something with a blue hue to them. Obviously I want the same wattage as stock and I dont want junk:p

Also, anyone know if there are clear side markers out yet for the 6S, if so where can I get ahold of them? And I'll need a bulb for those too;)

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: Looking for...

Unfortunately, with the halogens, you are very limited in your choice of color. To get a different color will either mean a tinted bulb or a bulb with a tiny amount of xenon gas in it or a mixture of both.

As my brother found out with his Mustang GT, you get the cool color, but you lose virtually all visability at night. This is because it is actually putting out less lumens of light than standard halogens.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I have the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs on a 99 Civic. It provided a whiter light, I think they light up better than the standard halogens. It has a slight blue tint in them if you look at it from an angle otherwise its white looking at it dead on.

They don't have it out yet but the osram which is sylania in european markets are out. You can do a search for them. There are also PIAA bulbs from the japanese market you can search for. My recommendation is look for a color temp between 4000-5000K. This would get you a white color, anything higher would give you blue and studys show blue light fatigues drivers.

Check out www.hidforum.com for more info on HID's and halogens.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Sweet, looks like I'll make the change sometime in May. Anyone have any ideas on the side markers?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts