Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
looks like the Right fake exhaust tip got broken off or something, that exhaust looks odd.

but the car looks decent, ask them to send more pics. the asking price is great for the mileage, killer deal if that thing is in good shape

definitely seems like the past owners beat on it hard though... the more owners the worst IMO

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'd get a Carfax report. Could be a salvaged title. Three owners in under 37k miles? That's a lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iv herd good and bad things about this car i really want one but i honestly cant get a good judgement on it myself, looking to spend around 13k i live like 5 hours from that place dont wanna drive all the way down there for nothing...thanks for the advice.

btw doesnt it cost for carfax report? have never done one before.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the car itself is great if you keep it near stock. when you start modding it thats when you run into trouble/money. either way its a whole lot of car.

i agree with lethal6i, 3 owners with that mileage is really sketchy... it MIGHT be one of those too good to be true scenarios where the owners couldn't afford it or something, but the price and shortage of pics changes the scenario

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
iv herd good and bad things about this car i really want one but i honestly cant get a good judgement on it myself, looking to spend around 13k i live like 5 hours from that place dont wanna drive all the way down there for nothing...thanks for the advice.

btw doesnt it cost for carfax report? have never done one before.
A lot of dealers will give you free CarFax reports. It's a good selling point for them if the car is in good shape because it eases the potential buyer's mind.

If they don't want to give you a CarFax report, then that might be a red flag, and if you want to be totally sure, pay for one yourself.

The report will run you $35 to run it once. It seems there are 18 records associated with the vehicle.

Records: 18 records found in the CARFAX Vehicle History database

Not sure what's on there so I cannot say whether that's a high number. Here is the VIN: JM1GG12L961106411

You can purchase the full report at
CARFAX - Vehicle History Reports and VIN number check

$35 is better than the $50-100 it'll take you to drive there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well...i cant find any other MS6s near me around what im looking to pay..really sucks i want one bad but dont have any choices...thanks guys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i went back and looked at the page and i clicked where it said show the free carfax and it looked like it showed all the info, does anyone else see that? or is that not it?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
i went back and looked at the page and i clicked where it said show the free carfax and it looked like it showed all the info, does anyone else see that? or is that not it?
Oh great catch! I did not know Autotrader did that. That's awesome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its cool how it shows all the times it was taken in for checkups and everything, should i drive down there this weekend possibly to check it out if u were me that is? :p

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
its cool how it shows all the times it was taken in for checkups and everything, should i drive down there this weekend possibly to check it out if u were me that is? :p
Looks like this car was leased three different times. The number of owners now makes sense.

Sold at auction in Missouri Listed as a fleet vehicle
Not sure what that means. Anyone?

Looks to me that the car has a clean history. It's been leased which means that the owners probably never modded it to a big extent. I'd say go for it for that price. If you really must, get it inspected beforehand by an independent mechanic if you got the means to do so.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The only thing that worries me is that the vehicle racked up 20k miles between June 2008 and March 2009 with no maintenance record.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright, really appreciate ur help im in love this the ms6 i bought my mazda 6 few years ago and didnt know about the ms6 i was pissed after i heard about them, i think ill head down there this weekend and check it out :D any more opinions are appreicated btw thanks again lethal.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
alright, really appreciate ur help im in love this the ms6 i bought my mazda 6 few years ago and didnt know about the ms6 i was pissed after i heard about them, i think ill head down there this weekend and check it out :D any more opinions are appreicated btw thanks again lethal.
Of course. I'd print out that CarFax report and bring it with you.

I'd mention the 20k miles racked up in 9 months with no maintenance record reported in that time to see if the dealer has a better record on hand by any chance. Could be a good bargaining chip, but considering how cheap the car is, they might not budge.

Best bet is to use that when negotiating your trade-in value.

·
Registered
45 Posts
looks like it was a corporate lease maybe?

if you are just as pumped about getting a MS6 as i was when i first got mine then id drive down there and check it out. thats a good price if the car is in good shape

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im trying to sell my car myself because i have alot of mods, i have new grill, redid interior, custom mazda badge, straightpipe exhaust,CAI, Chrome rims and whatnot, idk if i would get a good trade in, i have 60,000 Miles wanitng to sell it for 8.5k idk if dealership would give me a good deal.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
im trying to sell my car myself because i have alot of mods, i have new grill, redid interior, custom mazda badge, straightpipe exhaust,CAI, Chrome rims and whatnot, idk if i would get a good trade in, i have 60,000 Miles wanitng to sell it for 8.5k idk if dealership would give me a good deal.
Do you still have the stock parts? Swap the stock back in and then sell the mods.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i have tint as dark as u can go all the way around the car, id need new emblems, weld mufflers back on, put stock tail lights back in, grill, and i cant fix center console it was fiberglassed :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i need to get atleast 7,000 for my car because thats what i have left on my loan i wanna get that paid off.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I saw this ms6 (not personally, I was just looking at ones close to me, I'm in MO) and thought that it looked sketchy even though it had only been leased. I noticed that the rear right plastic exhaust surround needs replacing which I've heard is pretty expensive. Good luck on your search.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts