Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been looking around this site for info on some headers for my 06 6 i and i am a little confused
can anyone give me just the websites or whatever i need to find and buy a pair . and suggestions

just a little help please

·
Registered
375 Posts
6i = one header
not sure if anyone makes a header for your car.

have a custom one made

·
Registered
606 Posts
e-bay store powerboost29 make them and if you don't want to mess with e-bay, drakas.com makes 6i headers

·
Registered
947 Posts
Haha... Nevermind...Freakta covered it...

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Make sure that you also get a down Pipe too....when you get your headers custom made.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Draxas does not have a header for the 2.3. corksport i believe still sells one and you can get one from GT Spec....thought both of those headers were designed for the 2.3 and just happen to work for the car.

there are no headers on the market for the 2.3 worth getting at this point i'd say. F2 is looking at starting up their header again after SEMA this week. i'll be meeting with them today, so i'll have more info later.

·
Registered
375 Posts
there still should be some kind of tuning for the car before you get into stuff like that. youd be moving or eliminating the emissions stuf and need to tell the computer whats going on

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
tuning for a headers isn't really needed too much, not to the point that you should buy it before or with a header. bolt-on's typically will work fine without tuning....those being I/H/E. though you can gain more from tuning, tuning after the fact before future mods would be fine.

·
Registered
375 Posts
im just saying most aftermarket headers eliminate or move emissions things like o2 sensors and reciculating systems...
with those changed youd me throwing cels

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
since the stock header carries pre-cats, and isn't metered until the main cat, the would be no issue with the headers and CEL if the stock or aftermarket cat was utilized correctly.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
oh i have some news. i'm going to make a 4-2-1 header template this winter! im thinking about making 2 and selling 1.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
oh i have some news. i'm going to make a 4-2-1 header template this winter! im thinking about making 2 and selling 1.
[/b]
excellent, keep us updated.

·
Registered
375 Posts
[/b]
have you ever made headrs before?
its alot of work and there is alot of research involved in making good ones.

but if you know what your doing you could find alot of power in this engine

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
what about the autoexe header sold at corksport?
[/b]
they are quite expensive and designed to fit BOTH the 2.0 and 2.3. i don't think anyone has been willing to drop the cash for these yet, i'd like to see someone do it though.

I talked to Ricardo of F2 yesterday, and begginning of the year is what's expected, i'd guess Feb or so given design as well as fabrication. just an update from my side.

·
Registered
815 Posts
has anyone talked to pacesetter about producing a header system? some of the headers that they produce already looks somewhat similar to the 2.3l header dimensions. maybe they can produce something? what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
anyone can produce something, but most don't see this market. shoot anyone you'd like an email, that's all it takes.

·
Registered
815 Posts
alright guys i sent out an email to pacesetter. now time to wait for a reply..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts