Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade the speakers in my 6. I have the nonbose and want some good 6"X8"'s. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Reading Topic: Looking for good 6

In reality, there's no such thing. If you're good with a dremel, make some 6x8 to 6.5" adapters out of MDF, or have someone make them for you, and put REAL speakers in there. 6x8s are pretty much ford specific crap.

·
Registered
657 Posts

In a word.... No. if you're looking for something cheap, then I'd go with the alpines, but if you're looking for something GOOD? I'd rather make the MDF baffles for $10 and mount a real set of components.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I agree 6x8 won't sound as good as 6.5 inch speaker but if you get Alpine 6x8 or JL Audio will sound a lot better than those stock paper crap speakers.

·
Registered
18 Posts

From what I hear they are 5x7 but most 6x8 are made to fit that size some how.

·
Registered
19 Posts

6x8 and 5x7 are the same thing, people always argue that they need 6x8 for there ford, and i tell them 5x7 are the same dame thing. So either way a 6.5" will sound better then either, but yes alpine does make a good 5x7

D

·
0 Posts

I have noticed that the Bose sounds like crud also. I'm not exactly a stereo nut but I do like a decent sounding system. Will replacing just the speakers sound better or will it be more wasted money?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

well i replaced mine with boston acoustics and it made a world of difference

·
Registered
126 Posts

as for good speakers... I found that for the money the pioneer rev series sound great

6.5" components for the front and 6x8 for the rears. These are pioneers best...so i was told. Supposedly they are Pioneers competition serties speakers. Ilistened to them at the stereo shop and they sounded awesome. Can find them online for about $150 for the fronts abd $100 for the rears. I'll be putting them in soon and tell ya'll how they sound.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts