Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I work at an Elementary school and there are a lot of firewall's. Some websites work like a champ and others dont. Can anyone help me save some time and send me a link to a company that does ECU Modifications? It would be a great help for me due to the time it takes for each link I click on. I have only been able to view about 3 links from the Search option because it takes about 2 minutes to load each link.

No jokes about the Search button plz :goon: . I am serious...my connection is really slow and I need a little help speeding up my research.

Thanks Everyone :yesnod:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Guys I work at an Elementary school and there are a lot of firewall's. Some websites work like a champ and others dont. Can anyone help me save some time and send me a link to a company that does ECU Modifications? It would be a great help for me due to the time it takes for each link I click on. I have only been able to view about 3 links from the Search option because it takes about 2 minutes to load each link.

No jokes about the Search button plz :goon: . I am serious...my connection is really slow and I need a little help speeding up my research.

Thanks Everyone :yesnod:
[/b]
SOL...cobbs accessport is coming out in the spring :)

Edit: Sry are you looking for a company for a CUSTOM map? Or a company offering a "tuning device"

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SOL...cobbs accessport is coming out in the spring :)

Edit: Sry are you looking for a company for a CUSTOM map? Or a company offering a "tuning device"
[/b]

I am looking for an ECU reflash. I was told that there is some company out there claiming they are in the Beta mode right now that will provide the ms6 with an additional 40-50 Horsepower at the wheels. That to me sounds like a Huge increase perhaps too big, and I am trying to follow up on that.

I heard that the MS6 turbo is pretty much maxed out sou uhm...yeah.

I am just trying to find out if there is an actual company doing this or something comparable. thx :drive:

·
Registered
364 Posts
in development by a few companies

turboxs has a/f tool avail now and you can always get a boost controller

spring 07 might net us some options, otherwise search

·
Registered
380 Posts
I am looking for an ECU reflash. I was told that there is some company out there claiming they are in the Beta mode right now that will provide the ms6 with an additional 40-50 Horsepower at the wheels. That to me sounds like a Huge increase perhaps too big, and I am trying to follow up on that.

I heard that the MS6 turbo is pretty much maxed out sou uhm...yeah.
I am just trying to find out if there is an actual company doing this or something comparable. thx :drive:
[/b]

Well with no mods 40-50 whp is not gonna happen with just a tune unless you are increasing boost. Cobbs accessport is coming out in the spring and it is a device that will reflash ur ecu and gives u the ability to revert back to stock if needed. As of right now we do not have a "tuning" option unless there is something new that I am unaware of.

Hope that was of some help :)

Sry ATC5 beat me too it, but he is also correct you could combine a boost controller with the turbo xs a/f "tool" to gain performance BUT this is not an "ecu tune"

g/l
jason

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys :drive: I finally found the answer I needed lol. I have been looking for hours at a speed slower than 56k it seems :swearin:

Again Thankyou

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Well with no mods 40-50 whp is not gonna happen with just a tune unless you are increasing boost. Cobbs accessport is coming out in the spring and it is a device that will reflash ur ecu and gives u the ability to revert back to stock if needed. As of right now we do not have a "tuning" option unless there is something new that I am unaware of.

Hope that was of some help :)

Sry ATC5 beat me too it, but he is also correct you could combine a boost controller with the turbo xs a/f "tool" to gain performance BUT this is not an "ecu tune"

g/l
jason [/b]
I agree that 40-50whp is a bit too much of a stretch, however I believe it may be feasible to gain around 40bhp from a well sorted map. Just about every reflash/tuning device I've heard of for a Legacy GT has a claimed 50bhp gain, granted the LGT maybe a bit undertuned from the factory as to not compete with the STI, but still a 50bhp gain from a stock car is fantastic, and there's nothing to say our cars aren't just as undertuned. Especially given the rediculously rich state of tune our cars come with from the factory. I honestly believe our cars have a lot more room to make power with a good tuning device/reflash. By controlling the wastegate via the ECU & upping the boost/holding boost longer, leaning out our pig rich fuel maps and advancing the timing I believe we should be able to coax another 40bhp out of a stock car, but that's just my $.02

·
Registered
380 Posts
I agree that 40-50whp is a bit too much of a stretch, however I believe it may be feasible to gain around 40bhp from a well sorted map. Just about every reflash/tuning device I've heard of for a Legacy GT has a claimed 50bhp gain, granted the LGT maybe a bit undertuned from the factory as to not compete with the STI, but still a 50bhp gain from a stock car is fantastic, and there's nothing to say our cars aren't just as undertuned. Especially given the rediculously rich state of tune our cars come with from the factory. I honestly believe our cars have a lot more room to make power with a good tuning device/reflash. By controlling the wastegate via the ECU & upping the boost/holding boost longer, leaning out our pig rich fuel maps and advancing the timing I believe we should be able to coax another 40bhp out of a stock car, but that's just my $.02
[/b]

I agree cause 40 bhp is easier then 40whp :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts