Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm moving down to Hamilton from T.O. and I need an apartment unit to settle in my first year of university. Any place is recommended? I don't mind living in an old and small room but I'd prefer it's located somewhere around Mac. Any information about pricing and location is appreciated. Thanks.

Derek

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stay in the west end near Mac. You'll be sadly disappointed if you go into the north end of the city.....Unless you're a dirtbag then you'll fit right in!

Westdale (the area around Mac) has lots of houses that are turned into apartments and there's also lots of apartment buildings around there.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
google for "apartments for rent in hamilton"

i got lots of sites....

and i would suggest mac's site, and search for off-campus housing... they should have a listing for those..

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Also check out the Mohawk College website as well Derek....lots more to see.

My personal suggestion is to find something on the mountain...but it all depends on where you want to stay

Know what I mean?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also check out the Mohawk College website as well Derek....lots more to see.

My personal suggestion is to find something on the mountain...but it all depends on where you want to stay

Know what I mean?
[/b]
Well, you know what...I've never been there so basically I have no idea where the "mountain" is. Is there any mountain over there? I'm sorry, my geography sucks. All I need is a place that is less then 10 mins from Mac. But thanks for the reminder Chris, I'll check that out as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, being on the mountain is a good idea as well. Lots of cheap housing around Mohawk but it might be further than you want to be. "The mountain" is Hamilton's term for the Niagara Escarpment.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
BTW City....join us for the meet! Click the sig and find out more...it was a it of a discussion but you'll figure it out. Don't reply here, reply there.

Derick...when your asking for less then 10 mins..are we talking in terms of walking, bus, or your car?

If its your car...because Mac is more "West Hamilton" there is a HUGE amount of housing available...i could give you even more to look at...from there you start getting limited. West hamilton basically serves housing for Mohawk, Mac, and Reedemer University students.

Redeemer is getting a little too far, but I noticed they also have several postings that would fall into your 10 min drive radius. It's all about learning the uncommon driving routes.

Which I would be glad to show you...once you get your place picked out, its finding the best route. A given...but it trukly makes a world of difference in this area because many students are taking the main routes at 8 in the morning. Know what I mean?

The mountian is what you'll be driving up when you get past main street to on the way to my house. You'll know it when you see it. Sorry we "Hamiltonians" use that term loosely...its not really a mountain...just a steep hill. Like City said...its the escarpment...I'll take you for a drive sometime and show you the area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
CLaman
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing