Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some black housing headlights for my 04 Mazda 6s. Unfortunately my dealership here in town says that they only come with chrome housings. Other than painting the housings does anyone know where I can get them? I'm also located in Canada as well so if anyone knows of any canadian dealerships that would be more willing to help please let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
You can buy them for the low-low price of $700 USD each from a dealer.

Or you can just paint them for about $3.

Obviously the painting route is going to be the best option unless you've just got a bit more money than sense.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yeah, the darker colored headlight housings are found on the 5 doors (hatch)

---Aloha

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Tinted housings were available on '04-'05 Hatch headlights. But Black housing headlights that the poster wants have only been available since '06. Chances are pretty much nil slim you'll find an '06 for parts in a salvage yard. And even they know what the parts are worth; they won't let a set of headlights go for very cheap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately I don't have that much free time kicking around to paint the housings. I'll check around the salvage yards around town and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Yeah i want the black housings also. I looked all over the place for some but 750 each from Sabrina was way too expensive for me. So i'm down to painting them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts