Mazda 6 Forums banner

Looking for a set of wheels but need help

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  guitarrocker98 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just wanna say sorry beforehand as you guys probably here this often , but I'm looking for a set of wheels and wonder what offset would work.... Found a set of 19" tsw volcano wheels with 235/35Zr19 tires and a +40 offset. Will these work ?? I know I might have to roll the fenders aswell. My 6 is an 04 and is not lowered at all.

Thanks !!

-Ryan

#5 · (Edited)
With stock springs you can fit a pretty beefy wheel with meaty tires in there. If you ever consider lowering tho rolling fenders will be necessary. Your 235/35 19x8.5 +40 will have almost an identical inset as my set up with you having 1" less poke than me (225/35 19x9.5 +25 way low & lots of camber).

Here's a comparison of your wheel over mine. Mine is green, yours is orange: Online Wheel & Tyre Fitment calculator. Offset and Tyre Stretch
You may actually even consider a 3-5mm slip-on spacer to give you a tad bit more inner clearance. I'd still suggest rolling your fenders just for peace of mind tho. It's a harmless "mod" that does much good when going with bigger tires/wheels.

Edit - here's another overlay of your wheels (orange) over stock (green): http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=215&aspect=40&diameter=18&wheelwidth=7&offset=52&width2=235&aspect2=35&diameter2=19&wheelwidth2=8.5&offset2=40&Submit=Submit
This will give you an idea of how much more poke and overall tire diameter you'll have over stock. You'll be running a taller and much wider tire - putting you that much closer to the fender lip. Again, you may squeak out "ok" at stock height but even so, with any aggressive acceleration/cornering you're that much closer to cutting sidewalls. Just another thing to think about.

#11 ·
Reactions: Canuckkid04
#13 ·
Hopefully there isn't much curb rash and the tires are worth it. I bought RX8 wheels a few months ago with tires for $250, but the tires were dead and the wheels needed work. The wheels are currently being powder coated so I'm anxious to see the finished product. Love those RX8 wheels on the 6

Good luck bro

#15 · (Edited)
I have 17' Volcano's on factory rims I would part with. Sorry about the Sterns. Unless you want them with the black chrome lip instead. They look like this http://www.6crew.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18359&page=3. I would part for them for 750 to pay for the duplicolor. They are sick. If you dont buy dither, they will go on my cars. PM me if your interested Actually I will toss this in a PM as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.