Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The fuel line under the hood started to leak last week from the connector. This is the fuel line (rubber hose) that connects the hard line from the fire wall to the fuel pump. There is a blue connector on it and it sits right above the rear heat shield and turbo. I need to replace this ASAP and wanted to know if anyone had a part number for it or know of where I can get my hands on one cheaper than dealer prices. Thanks!

When I get the car back to my place tonight I'll take pics so everyone can get a better idea.

Here is the page from the service manual...again still lacking a part number

ßill

·
Registered
959 Posts
Go to the dealer and do a "price check" on the part and have them print out a quote. The quote will have the part number.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't have time to get to the dealer till next week. Trying to get this part cheaper and quicker than that if possible.

ßill

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone shed some light on this? $120 for this hose is a little rediculous.

ßill

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome guys...thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

Anyone else have the connector on this hose go bad on their cars? My warranty company says they won't cover it, but mech. says it was caused by the heat from the exhaust manifold and turbo.

ßill

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Are both of those items stock? If so, I don't see why it wouldn't be covered... I'd ask to have them tell you where in writing your fuel system is not covered under their warranty (or any warranty for that matter)...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The service guy gave me some BS line about a rock jumping up and hitting the line causing the problem (which is what he probably told the warranty company). Again, which is impossible....so I'll just give them a call tomorrow and shed some light on this. Thanks!

ßill

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, just a small update on this. I couldn't wait for parts to be delivered (to the dealer or to my house). So I went out and spent $4 on some fuel line and clamps and did it all myself. The stock fuel like un-clips and everything slides off the hard lines so you can slip a generic fuel line on there.

Needless to say I feel slightly better about this anyway. Having a plastic clip which hovers over the turbo and exhaust manifold keeping fuel from spraying all over the engine bay was not something I was too comfortable with.

ßill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts