Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ik have a 2003 Mazda 6 2.3L. It was not as good taken Care off as i thought. So i was looking for a New one, but i dont know for what i want to save for. I dont like the 2009-2013 models. So i was looking at a mazdaspeed 6 or a newer model Mazda 3 OR 6. Can you Guys help me decide or have another recommendation? I am based in the Netherlands.

Sorry maybe this is not really the forum to post this on

·
Registered
672 Posts
If you're looking for reliability and low maintenance, you definitely won't want a Speed as they're all old now. A newer 3 or 6 will serve you well, both great cars.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The 2014-2018 Mazda3 would be a good move - the overall size is similar to the 1st gen Mazda6 you have, although the interior is a little bit smaller (especially in the rear seat). That 3rd gen Mazda3 has handling feel more like your 1st gen Mazda6 too. If you need more space then the 2014-2018 Mazda6 fits the bill, although you lose some of the nimbleness of the 1st gen Mazda6. If you can get either with the 2.5L SkyActiv gas motor, both cars will be faster and get better fuel economy versus your 2.3L.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As a previous owner of a Mazda5, I can say that they are also not to be left out. I know that in EU, the base models don't look as good as base NA market cars, but the top trim EU cars look great. So much room its like having a Tardis.The only real downside is that they weigh 500 lbs (220kg??) more than a Mazda3, so they are a bit sluggish by comparison, and all the weight is over the rear wheels, so the back springs and shocks Mazda originally borrowed from the 3 fail early. But the EU gets the 6 speed manual, which is about a billion times better than the 5 speed manual they stuck us with.

But no matter what you pick, if you buy from the owner, not from a middle man or car dealer, if that seller holds on to all their past receipts and service records, you have found a meticulous owner, and a good chance that the car was well-kept.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you dit the reply's. I am niet mostly looking a Mazda 3 with a 2.0 motor. I can not find the 2.5 in my area and for the one who said Mazda 5 i have triest looking for one but they are all older cars we dont have a New model 5 only the MX and CX models.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I haven't driven any of the SkyActiv 2.0L cars, but that motor is almost as powerful as the old 2.3L while being far more fuel efficient. It should be a good choice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts