Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I installed my DEFI BF boost gauge and control unit this weekend but it needs a direct battery connection (or any 12V source that does not turn off with the car) so it can retain my settings and peaks and whatnot.

Right now I have it spliced into the cig lighter power (with a fuse) but since those turn off with the ignition I lose my settings on my gauge, anyone know an easy line to tap in on since I don't want to run another wire from the battery through the grommet (what a PITA that was!)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hey guys I installed my DEFI BF boost gauge and control unit this weekend but it needs a direct battery connection (or any 12V source that does not turn off with the car) so it can retain my settings and peaks and whatnot.

Right now I have it spliced into the cig lighter power (with a fuse) but since those turn off with the ignition I lose my settings on my gauge, anyone know an easy line to tap in on since I don't want to run another wire from the battery through the grommet (what a PITA that was!)
[/b]
You might have to do some probing with a multimeter but i'm sure one of the wires that goes to the instrument clust and one in the ignition harness have a contstant 12v. Your best bet is to find a Mazda turbo timer install and use that wire.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Another wire you could tap is the constant power to the cd player.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
as long as you are running lines to the engine bay anyways, why not put a fuse and attach it directly to the battery?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as long as you are running lines to the engine bay anyways, why not put a fuse and attach it directly to the battery?
[/b]
i already ran my wire for the boost gauge and when doing so managed to "pop" the grommet out of place and spent the better part of an hour getting it back in and scraping up my hand something fierce...not looking forward to doing that again.

the CD player isnt a bad Idea...maybe I'll take my multi meter to my fuse box and see what's "hot."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts