Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm fairly new to the forums. Am a current owner of a Mazda 6s for almost a year now. Love the car, but its time to move up!

So basically, I want to know if there's anything else I should know about the Mazdaspeed 6 before purchasing it.

It's a GT model, 2006, Black leather, heated seats. Typical stuff.

What I've learned so far is this:

There's a re-flash that should be done to help cope with the power loss issue.

Service bulletins should be looked into/taken care of.

Flash of the key card for auto locking/hands free stuff.

So far though, that's all I've gathered , other than the typical 'Use 93 Octane' which I can't do, due to being in Alaska (90 Octane max here, may use race gas mix).

Thanks again for the wealth of information I've found already!

Hope the loan papers go through. :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well..... BUY THIS CAR IT IS AWESOME. Did that help at all?

:drive: :woowoo:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha it helps!

I'm just looking for anything I can make them do prior to purchase, or to bring the price down some. Also, for peace of mind if I do buy it.

I want to test drive it again tomorrow! :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
yea that 90 octane deal will hit u pretty hard. gotta make sure u got 93 above. ive been reading on alot of powerloss issues due to that. But other then that the car is amazing! you'll love it. Also the 06's now should be going dirt cheap no more then 23500 out the door for the gt. I got mine for 24500 out the door for sport but that was with some added stuff and a month ago. Good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Make sure you change the tires for winter, but i'm sure you already know that.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Why don't you get some Dealer quotes through email.....visit some dealer inventory. That should help you with pricing, starting at invoice is a deal.

Make sure you negotiate a tire swap like yomama said.....

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Flash of the key card for auto locking/hands free stuff.
[/b]
Actually, the auto-lock feature is activated by having the dealer enable an option in the ECU programming.

You may want to try out the default setting for a while first before you have the auto-lock enabled. I've never enabled the option on my car, and I personally think it's better that way.

It seems some people with the auto-lock enabled have had a problem when exiting the car with a passenger waiting in the car. After the driver walks away (with the key in their pocket), the car will auto-lock, which also arms the alarm. The passenger's movements can then set off the alarm!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Start looking for winter tires. I assume that you'll need them in Alaska. Wheels that fit the car without much modification are hard to find too.

I use 91octane all the time and I haven't had any powerloss problem yet. My car is built in Apr 06 and no reflash to the CPU.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, winter tires are on the list of needs.

Also, thanks for the replies, its been much help! Though I do apologize for not searching the prices thread. I was completely overlooking it for the technical stuff.

And Mazda just called me today, the dealership here has a new 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT package(They're out of the 06's and there's no other place to get them) and its retailing for about 32/33k. They called, saying they could get me 28.4k on it if I financed through them, which I can just refinance at a later date for better rates as well.

What do you guys think of that price?

From what I've seen in the pricing thread, dealer invoice is about 28,800.

·
Registered
706 Posts
You should be able to get about $7500 to $8200 off financing through MAC. There are way too many of them leftover for them to collect them.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Try to get one shipped from the 48 states. You can save thousands by buying the car for 7000-8000 off and paying 1-2k to ship it. It's easy to find a GT for 23-24k now. You can even go lower if you're really willing to search.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I got mine for 8600 off. You can work them for sure.
[/b]
Wow! What a great deal. I'm sure the deep discounts are hurting the resale value but I'm hanging on to mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts