Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
October 25th or 26th looks good to me. I have to do a few touchups to the car so this would motivate me to do it before its cold out. I'm fine to travel anywhere in the metro area. Would love to do a group photo shoot (or multiple) I will throw a few suggestions out there. A docks run in fort Lee or jersey city Hoboken with city over looks for background or head up pali-parkway to bear mountain for something a little more nature. Always open to suggestions though.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sounds good to me. I didn't go to many meets this year except the Mazda Climb.

On an unrelated note, how do you like the DDM HIDs? I'm looking to buy a set; haven't decided on a vendor yet.
Happy with them for the most part. About half the time one of the bulbs doesn't turn on with the car, but you just flick them off then on and it's fixed. No big deal to me at all.

Also, they're SUPER bright. To the point that glare is almost a problem, even with projectors. I've gotten high beams flashed at me a few times because of the glare. Still happy with them, though. I have pure white 5K.

Id be in for a Fall meetup - someplace with a nice background for a group shot of the cars would be cool. Winter is usually my crazy time with the regular job and plowing.
That sounds good to me! If fall works for everyone else sounds good.

I'd love to play with my new-ish Fuji X-T1. Dem colors during fall :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm still down to meet sometime, and the docks or up the Hudson are both great ideas. There is also Floyd Bennett field in Brooklyn (near the Aviator complex).

·
Registered
498 Posts
Anyone whose down for an oct or early nov meet, please post your dates of availability and wherr youd be coming from so we can centralize. Thanks!

·
Registered
498 Posts
My suggestion includes a meet point of ross dock picinic area off the Henry Hudson drive near the GWB at noonish (photo op) then ride north on the henry hudson parkway witg its cliff hugging windy roads. It will merge with the Palisades Parkway eventually and we will continue north to get to Bear Mountain area (8$ per car to enter) so we can either be outside park or pay to go in. Regardless, more photo ops up here with the seasonal change coming. Finally, we head south for some brews and grub at the Yard House in Palisades Mall. From this route, people in the metro area have access to numerous highways and bridges. If this option sounds good, i can draft something more descriptive and get the word out.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The mall and bear mountain provide family fun so if you want to bring the whole gang, you can

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm coming from more "somewhat central" Jersey -- Bridgewater area

·
Registered
498 Posts
Here's a more detailed idea of the drive I had in mind. Can be altered if attendees feel this is too lengthy. This is not a race, its a leisure enjoyable ride through NY states beauty.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Save the Date folks. All are welcome. Even if you only want to do the meet, we are prob spending an hour at the docks starting noon. Ross Dock Picnic Area in Fort Lee NJ. Then by 1ish, rolling north to Bear Mountain area and then back south to the Palisades Mall for some drinks and food at the Yard House! Ask any questions and follow on IG MajerGlazer. Hope to see a good turn out. Bring your cameras!

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Updated Flyer. Same date and Time. Let me know of any q's! Hope to see you there.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Bump with new flyer. Saturday is looking like GREAT weather. All NJ and NY peeps should come out if close by and free. Cruise might get axed if attendees dont want to add the travel time/mileage. Im still down to hit the cliffs and get some brews at Palisades Mall.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Is anyone coming from BK, Queens, LI?
Might work better to ask on the instagram pics, seems they are getting more attention than the forums at the moment.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Today was a good turn out. It was great meeting everyone and sharing our build/stories. Looking forward to the next meet. Hopefully I'll see you all at the Mazda Climb next year.

The pictures/videos came out pretty well. Will post in a day or so.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts