Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any luck getting the large Mazda logo off the trunk. if so how, I got the Mazda and the 6 off with fishing line but not much luck with the logo.

Thanks

Vince

·
Registered
815 Posts
the mazda logo isnt attached by adhesives. its actually attached to the trunk. if you want to take if off then you have to take off your trunk liner and if you do take it off youll be able to see the holes that the emblem went into.

·
Registered
123 Posts
whats the best way to paint the Mazda logo on the trunk? I have heard its a pain because its chrome, and the paint doesnt seem to want to hold. I have a Lapis Blue Mazda 6, and im kinda going for the black and blue setup on my car.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
whats the best way to paint the Mazda logo on the trunk? I have heard its a pain because its chrome, and the paint doesnt seem to want to hold. I have a Lapis Blue Mazda 6, and im kinda going for the black and blue setup on my car.
[/b]
Remove it, sand it down, paint it, and then reinstall it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
for anyone that has taken off the flying m emblem... any chance you might know, or be able to get the measurements for the distance between the two pins that are on the back of it?

·
Registered
553 Posts
If you look at the url pic (I linked it because it's huge. It shows my car when I was without my M emblem before having it welded. Basically the holes are at the intersection point when the M connects to the outer circle.

http://www.clubatenza.com/galleries/albums.../10048/Rear.JPG

If you ever have paint/body work done vjdebart I would just remove it. It looks a lot cleaner IMO. Here is a pic of mine with it removed.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I don't have a price for just the holes unfortunately. When I had it in the shop I also had them install my AutoExe front bumper which included removing the license plate mold and reinforcing it with fiberglass. I also had them paint and install my eyelids. For the 3 things I ended up paying just under 1500. I actually have them doing stuff to my 6 right now. I'll ask him what it would be to do just the trunk. It won't be cheap because rather than just fill the holes, I had them weld them shut and then repaint the whole trunk lid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks very nice! I say debadge it all. Those holes look better than that mazda M anyday. Drew6 just debadged his gray 6 and it looks sweet. There are many different ways to fill them holes, be creative and use a bit of touch up paint.

I don't have a price for just the holes unfortunately. When I had it in the shop I also had them install my AutoExe front bumper which included removing the license plate mold and reinforcing it with fiberglass. I also had them paint and install my eyelids. For the 3 things I ended up paying just under 1500. I actually have them doing stuff to my 6 right now. I'll ask him what it would be to do just the trunk. It won't be cheap because rather than just fill the holes, I had them weld them shut and then repaint the whole trunk lid.
[/b]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actually on Drew6's grey 6 we backed the holes in the mean time with black electrical tape and you have to be within a few feet and at certain angles to even notice the holes. Only a quick fix but even for that it turned out looking very nice and that stinkin M is gone.

Painting the M is a good idea and looks nice. Painting it the same color as the car would be my pick.

IMO, if you have two 6's and one has a painted black flying M, and the other has two holes in his trunk, I would def like the painted black flying M. That's just me though. The holes would stick out like a sore thumb.
[/b]

·
Registered
47 Posts
anyone have any luck getting the large Mazda logo off the trunk. if so how, I got the Mazda and the 6 off with fishing line but not much luck with the logo.

Thanks

Vince
[/b]
Don't know if anyone mentioned it or not. Heat up the emblem with a heat gun first to reactivate the glue. Then pull the emblem off. This will also work if you want to put the emblem back on (so long as the adhesive isn't too dirty). Just be careful not to get it too hot or you run the risk of bubbling your paint or melting the (I'm assuming plastic) emblem.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
I just poured a lil Goo Be Gone over the emblem and waited like 10 mins. Then used tooth floss and kinda cut around a bit. Then took the lining off the trunk, used a small screw driver (one used for glasses) and pressed on to the plastic piece of the pegs until the peg pushed through. When you have done that, grab the emblem which shoud be really easy to come off now because of the goo be gone and thats it. Now clean the area to make sure no adhesives are left behind. To put the emblem back, you'll need 3m double sided tape to reattach.

Now paint/sand/paint/clear coat or just tint spray :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
14 Participants
kpjimmy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing