Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am soon to get a Mazda 6 (03 or 04) and am planning on putting a nice SQ system in. Not too sure on the speakers and sub yet but I managed to get myself Arc Audio amps (the XXK-1500 and XXK-1200) for front and sub amplification and an MEQ-30, 30 channel equalizer for dirt cheap at a factory sale :D

Anyhow, like most I am going to keep the factory headunit (it will be non-bose) and am opting whether to go for an audiocontrol unit like the LC6, or a cheaper option of a good LOC like the well loved David Navone LOC.

What are peoples experience with the both of these? I can probably afford to get either, but if its few and far between I would go for the cheaper option.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hey all,

I am soon to get a Mazda 6 (03 or 04) and am planning on putting a nice SQ system in. Not too sure on the speakers and sub yet but I managed to get myself Arc Audio amps (the XXK-1500 and XXK-1200) for front and sub amplification and an MEQ-30, 30 channel equalizer for dirt cheap at a factory sale :D

Anyhow, like most I am going to keep the factory headunit (it will be non-bose) and am opting whether to go for an audiocontrol unit like the LC6, or a cheaper option of a good LOC like the well loved David Navone LOC.

What are peoples experience with the both of these? I can probably afford to get either, but if its few and far between I would go for the cheaper option.

Cheers :)
[/b]

If your going to keep the stock non bose headunit you need to get something like the cleansweep or rockford 360. The non bose headunit has alot of built in eq, and you not going to be very happy with your upgrades if you don't get something that compensates for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I have read, however the rockford has a built in EQ (where I already have one) and the cleansweep is a particularly pricey unit. Is the audiocontrol LC6 simlar to these? Is the "auto summing" technology they speak of on the websites of these products the part that flattens the built in equalisers of the factory HU?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
So I have read, however the rockford has a built in EQ (where I already have one) and the cleansweep is a particularly pricey unit. Is the audiocontrol LC6 simlar to these? Is the "auto summing" technology they speak of on the websites of these products the part that flattens the built in equalisers of the factory HU?
[/b]
The audiocontrol LC6 is just a really good loc, it's not really the same as the cleansweep or the RF 360. Auto summing is really only useful when your factory radio or amp outputs a seperate signal for the tweeter and midbass on each channel, it combines the tweeter and midbass signals to give you a fullrange output, but it will not correct the eqing done in the radio or amp.

I would skip the LC6 and just get a navone LOC. Use the money you save to buy another eq so you have one for your front and one for your rear speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts