Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into my local dealer today to see if they were ready to give up a set of CX-7 wheels cheap and I asked about the Speed 3 and when they were going to get it. They said a couple months from now. At any rate, the Sales Manager also said they weren't going to order any 07 Speed6's because the 06's were selling so poorly. This dealer has sold about 15 or so, but if Mazda USA was counting on moving similar inventory through its dealers in 07 as went in 06, they could have a problem. I don't know the qualntity they're importing in '07, but if it's the same, they're all going to sit on the lots right along side the '06's. The guys I talked to, both sales managers, blamed a lack of marketing for why the sales were slow. Anyone else seen or heard of anything like this?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I went into my local dealer today to see if they were ready to give up a set of CX-7 wheels cheap and I asked about the Speed 3 and when they were going to get it. They said a couple months from now. At any rate, the Sales Manager also said they weren't going to order any 07 Speed6's because the 06's were selling so poorly. This dealer has sold about 15 or so, but if Mazda USA was counting on moving similar inventory through its dealers in 07 as went in 06, they could have a problem. I don't know the qualntity they're importing in '07, but if it's the same, they're all going to sit on the lots right along side the '06's. The guys I talked to, both sales managers, blamed a lack of marketing for why the sales were slow. Anyone else seen or heard of anything like this?
[/b]
Yeah, I mentioned this in the pricing thread. The sales manager MazdaSouth in Austin said pretty much the same thing. Besides the one I drove off with last week, they had 3 other GTs and 4-5 Sports, all of which have been sitting there since the beginning of the year and they have limited their plans of buying more. They also blamed a lack of OEM marketing and advertising support. Seriously, I can only think of 2 MS6 commercials I've every seen; the recent one with the dog hanging out the window (poor idea for a car with this performance IMO, seems like that'd work better with a focus or something) and one at the start of the year with the old zoom-zoom presentation. Anyone know of another? Not a lot of media presence for a 33K car, and likely the culprit for the low sales.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The only one I have ever seen is the one with the dog and the bicycle helmet hanging out the window, and it has been around since before May.
As for ordering more, not sure what the local dealer is going to do, they still have about 12 2006 MS6s on the lot. Mix of sport and GT. The next dealer still has 6-8, and called me today "wanting to work a deal," about a month too late.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Okay....So what is going to happen to all the 07's that are coming over to america?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I don;t watch a ton of tv, mostly southpark, simpsons, and seinfeld...but Ive never seen a speed6 comercial, I have already seen 3 different CX-7 ones though... :irate:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don;t watch a ton of tv, mostly southpark, simpsons, and seinfeld...but Ive never seen a speed6 comercial, I have already seen 3 different CX-7 ones though... :irate:
[/b]
Do you watch any shows that don't begin with S? Or would the list include the Sopranos or Sagwa (on Sprout of course)?

Seriously though, if they (Mazda) send 5000 more Speed 6's to the US, they're going to have a real problem on their hands. Besides, we need them to stop sending any more over at all in '07 so that our cars can achieve the "cult" following of the MSP, which equals better resale value.

Maybe the Speed 3, which looks like it will get more attention, will bring potential Speed 6 buyers into showrooms.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Seriously though, if they (Mazda) send 5000 more Speed 6's to the US, they're going to have a real problem on their hands. Besides, we need them to stop sending any more over at all in '07 so that our cars can achieve the "cult" following of the MSP, which equals better resale value.
[/b]
Do you guys believe everything you are told... by stealerships? Telling customers that no '07 are coming would prevent some of the cannibalization of the sales for the '06s... Which are already too hard to move. It is another way to push the "limited" availability or pretense of lower supplies.

FYI: there are almost no differences in '07 with exception of fewer colors and slightly lower invoice numbers on some options. Once '06 are all sold out, the prices on '07 will come right back down to '06 levels or drop even lower.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thats what we thought with the MSP's!

Besides, we need them to stop sending any more over at all in '07 so that our cars can achieve the "cult" following of the MSP, which equals better resale value.
[/b]

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you guys believe everything you are told... by stealerships? Telling customers that no '07 are coming would prevent some of the cannibalization of the sales for the '06s... Which are already too hard to move. It is another way to push the "limited" availability or pretense of lower supplies.

FYI: there are almost no differences in '07 with exception of fewer colors and slightly lower invoice numbers on some options. Once '06 are all sold out, the prices on '07 will come right back down to '06 levels or drop even lower.
[/b]
Not much reason to lie to the guy who already has one, he certainly isn't going to sell me one. Besides, this particular gentlemen and I have a relationship that goes back a while.

Thats what we thought with the MSP's!
[/b]
Did MSP's seel for one year or two? My recollection is one. Either way, MSP's are currently being sold at or above their original purchase price (albeit a reduced purchase price). They certainly haven't seen the softness of the average Japanese econo-box in the marketplace.

Frankly, I can't understand why Mazda would subject themselves to a second round of the dismal sales volumes of the Speed 6, it can't be a money maker for them of any real proportion. It's a great car and I can't think of anything I'd rather have for the money, but I and those on this forum clearly are in the minority of auto buyers.

·
Registered
437 Posts
They probably want to try having two Mazdaspeed models selling in the same year. Maybe that will bring in more buyers.

Not much reason to lie to the guy who already has one, he certainly isn't going to sell me one. Besides, this particular gentlemen and I have a relationship that goes back a while.
Did MSP's seel for one year or two? My recollection is one. Either way, MSP's are currently being sold at or above their original purchase price (albeit a reduced purchase price). They certainly haven't seen the softness of the average Japanese econo-box in the marketplace.

Frankly, I can't understand why Mazda would subject themselves to a second round of the dismal sales volumes of the Speed 6, it can't be a money maker for them of any real proportion. It's a great car and I can't think of anything I'd rather have for the money, but I and those on this forum clearly are in the minority of auto buyers.
[/b]

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Roffle Copter.!!!!.."that particular gentleman and I have a relationship that goes way back"....yeah something about that statement didn't sit right with me as well..

What are you DOING JAMES!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roffle Copter.!!!!.."that particular gentleman and I have a relationship that goes way back"....yeah something about that statement didn't sit right with me as well..

What are you DOING JAMES!
[/b]

He's a friend of sorts, or as much of a friend as a mass consumer of cars can have with a mass purveyor of cars. The Speed 6 is my 21st car in 14 years of driving. Over that time, I've had the tendency to befriend quite a few dealer reps, that's all.

Don't read into it too much.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, my salesguy first said they weren't even going to make an 07. To his credit, he did later come back and tell me they were.

I think they'll say a lot to help a sale, if you don't think 07's are coming in then you may be more likely to buy a '06.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Classic Mazda in Mentor OH (near Cleveland) has about a dozen '06 Speed6s still on the lot.

Their sales stuff wasn't even AWARE of an '07.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
The only one I have ever seen is the one with the dog and the bicycle helmet hanging out the window, and it has been around since before May...

Wish I could find that commercial...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Holy thread bump, Batman!

Reactions: IHeartGroceries
1 - 19 of 19 Posts