Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner of a mazda6i. Looking for others into the local car club scene. If there are any?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=57786

Welcome.

Corksport Mazda event is coming up this weekend in Vancouver, WA.
[/b]
Yeah im planning on going to that event. But I guess i was thinking more along the lines of the old car club that I was involved with. We would put on our own show every year. Or are all the clubs in the area just a loose group of people.. cool either way too me:)

·
Registered
805 Posts
I know there are a couple tuner clubs locally. A lot of them meet up at PIR on Saturdays for legal racing. I don't know of any specific to Mazdas, but if your ride is nice enough and quick they may take you up. Once I save up enough money I'll be putting in a turbo and work on tuning her out. Lots and lots to do though

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know there are a couple tuner clubs locally. A lot of them meet up at PIR on Saturdays for legal racing. I don't know of any specific to Mazdas, but if your ride is nice enough and quick they may take you up. Once I save up enough money I'll be putting in a turbo and work on tuning her out. Lots and lots to do though
[/b]
Thanks for the info... Mine is justa bone stock 6i ... I was just hoping that there were others that enjoyed that kind of scene that i do... Thnaks for the info anyways.. Maybe I should just start one and see if ther is any interest... What does anyone think? If I were too start up a mazda car club would anyone be interested in it?

·
Registered
978 Posts
that could be something that i wouldn't mind doing. i wonder though how many people would do this; there doesn't seem to be alot of members in our area.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that could be something that i wouldn't mind doing. i wonder though how many people would do this; there doesn't seem to be alot of members in our area.
[/b]
Thats why im testing it out... I think it would be loads of fun... I when on a few drives with the mustang club I was in to the coast area for shows and such... It was just too much fun... even if its just a loose goup that wants too do that... I just loved doing them

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/b]
Im glad that you are interested in it. If we get enough talk about I have a few people I know that can help with this sort of thing. My Dad was a president of his local fiero club a few times.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Starting a thread for a N.W. Mazda club here http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=56240.0 .
[/b]
That is a very good question. I feel that It needs to be as local as it can be, but there needs to be more then just acouiple members too keep things going. Of course at first it will be small... My mustang club that i was involvbed in was up too 200 hundredd family memberships... that would allow 4 people living under the same roof too all be in the club. I was in that club for 2 years and saw about 40 more jion before I left. I think what would be best topo start is a all mazda club or justa mazda6 club on e in th e portland region and if anyone in the seattle area wishes too start one up ther they can go for it. Or they can join one down here.. Of maybe we can start to joint club with mazda6 and mazda3's at first???

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is a very good question. I feel that It needs to be as local as it can be, but there needs to be more then just acouiple members too keep things going. Of course at first it will be small... My mustang club that i was involvbed in was up too 200 hundredd family memberships... that would allow 4 people living under the same roof too all be in the club. I was in that club for 2 years and saw about 40 more jion before I left. I think what would be best topo start is a all mazda club or justa mazda6 club on e in th e portland region and if anyone in the seattle area wishes too start one up ther they can go for it. Or they can join one down here.. Of maybe we can start to joint club with mazda6 and mazda3's at first???
[/b]
Well I know more Mazda owners around Portland that don't own all the same type of cars than own the same model, as is one friend owns a RX8,Another owns a FC RX7, and another who owns a FD RX7 . I've sat down with some Protege' owners who have wanted to do something but I guess the one question always come up is what is the ultimate goal. Just meets & drives ? Trying to grow it large enought to rent out a track to have a track day ? etc. I know I can get some guys going on this and maybe meet at a pub or something to start the ball rolling in a couple of weeks or so.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So??? If we set up a time at some pizza place or other large enough place and invite people too come and put there input on what they would like. Me personally I like going to the car shows and events like cruz-ins and car drives too new places. TO ALL OWNERS!!! PLEASE give us your input!!! What kind of local(portland area) mazda club would you like... Would you want just a 6 club or a all mazda club... for myself the more the merrier but as my mazda6 ios my very first mazda IO have owned being that I dont know much abnout rx-7 and such other then they are very very small for tall people like myself(being that im 6'9)

·
Registered
41 Posts
So??? If we set up a time at some pizza place or other large enough place and invite people too come and put there input on what they would like. Me personally I like going to the car shows and events like cruz-ins and car drives too new places. TO ALL OWNERS!!! PLEASE give us your input!!! What kind of local(portland area) mazda club would you like... Would you want just a 6 club or a all mazda club... for myself the more the merrier but as my mazda6 ios my very first mazda IO have owned being that I dont know much abnout rx-7 and such other then they are very very small for tall people like myself(being that im 6'9)
[/b]
What you don't like driving with your knees at your chin

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What you don't like driving with your knees at your chin
[/b]
Yeah i dont really like the taste of my knees very much... LOL

·
Registered
476 Posts
:drive: count me in :drive: Im not around much on weekends but if there is somthing going on, and Im in town Im down. PAC. NW 6 FTW

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
http://www.careventpromotions.com/carevent...s/all_ford.html
I was seaching the website of the old car club i was in looking at the shows they attended. I have been to the all ford show. Yes I know that ours are mazda's but our engines are not(they are ford) But there are some very kool old cars there. If anyone else is interested, let me know. If we can get enough interested we could make a day of it with a cruise of our own then showing up. If anyone has other shows they have liked going too post them. Even if its just going for a cruise after or before the show. If we get enough people wanting to go, maybe we could get our own catagory set for us.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok guys n gals ... there is another post on here qabout getting together to hang-out dust some cobb webb off and do a un-offical meet somewhere between oregon n washington here soon before we loss what dry weather we got right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts