Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

saw that at wal-mart tonight. im wondering if anyone has ever used it or would suggest it. i need to claybar my car but maybe this is an easier option. thoughts?

·
Registered
233 Posts

saw that at wal-mart tonight. im wondering if anyone has ever used it or would suggest it. i need to claybar my car but maybe this is an easier option. thoughts?[/b]
be the guinea pig, i like the ice detailer from turtle wax but ive never seen the claybar.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i dont really understand how it would work does it still have the clay or is it just like a chemical that would take all the bonded chemicals off.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i dont really understand how it would work does it still have the clay or is it just like a chemical that would take all the bonded chemicals off.[/b]
yeah me neither. ICE quick detailer is the bomb diggidy though.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright well since we have enough curious minds here i think ill pick some up this weekend and see how it does. its made by turtle wax.

i really dont know how it will work. i didnt take a real good look at the packaging but it seems like its just a liquid instead of a solid haha. instead of grabbing a lump of claybar you just rub it on with a pad. well shall see what happens.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Looks like a compound. Simiar to our product P-40 Duz-All®. http://www.prowax.com/compound.shtml
[attachment=19383:p_40_DuzAll.jpg]
Our product does not contain wax, it is strictly a surface prep, just like clay. Main thing is, it is clear coat safe.
I am curious how this Ice works out. Is it possible to provide before and after pics of your finish. Thanks, Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
picked some up tonight. i probably wont be able to do this until the weekend but i will come back with a full report! this stuff is weird. its 3 seperate parts in the bottle, then you shake it up and its all one. im now really curious to see how this works. i also picked up a gallon of the "ice" car wash.

oh and this stuff was 13 bucks or so at wal-mart. so far that is the only place i have seen it. i was in checker this weekend and they did not carry it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
picked some up tonight. i probably wont be able to do this until the weekend but i will come back with a full report! this stuff is weird. its 3 seperate parts in the bottle, then you shake it up and its all one. im now really curious to see how this works. i also picked up a gallon of the "ice" car wash.

oh and this stuff was 13 bucks or so at wal-mart. so far that is the only place i have seen it. i was in checker this weekend and they did not carry it.[/b]
yaaa i saw it at walmart, i picked up a bottle and looked at it and was like weirddddd. I wouldve bought one but i already clayed and zainoed my car. Hope its easier and turns up with good results. GL

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
My guess is that this stuff's similar to the Meguiar's paint cleaner liquid (Meg's step 1). Just a guess.

But, I'd be interested in knowing how well it works. Please do post up your findings (and pics) after you've given it a try.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
last time i detailed the speed6 i started with meg cali clay bar, then used the meg's paint cleaner (step1, that z-z-fan mentioned), the results were worth the effort. the paint cleaner did much more than the clay bar. clay bar helped clean off some surface stuff, but the paint cleaner actually brightened and cleared the paint.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
last time i detailed the speed6 i started with meg cali clay bar, then used the meg's paint cleaner (step1, that z-z-fan mentioned), the results were worth the effort. the paint cleaner did much more than the clay bar. clay bar helped clean off some surface stuff, but the paint cleaner actually brightened and cleared the paint.[/b]
well thats what it is supposed to do, the clay bar isint supposed to make the paint brighter its supposed to take off the surface contaminents that are bonded on. then you are supposed to use a polish or a paint cleaner to brighten and make the paint more reflective just as you did. So if this liquid clay bar does both these steps in one and does just as good as job as the clay bar and polish then that would save me a bunch of time.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Just wanted to add some feedback here...

As disgusting as it sounds I'll post it...

I am a butcher, and when you cut meat, saw dust (i.e. meat dust) gets inside of the bandsaw. When you go to clean the bandsaw, you spray it out and fully sanitize. But as good as anyone is, there is ALWAYS build up, even the health department will concede that, its just the way proteins are...

We use a product similiar to this, which will smoothen the metals surface, sometimes detoxing the buildup, sometimes just making it smooth. Its quite a nice product, but I would have a hard time taking it to my car ;)....

I am a DIE HARD Zaino/Clay Bar guy, so to change my mind it would take a lot, but I am anxious to see your results...

Zaino has released some new products lately, i haven't had a chance to try them yet, but one of them will probably work just as good as this, if not better just because the guys at Zaino are pretty much mentally insane when it comes to the quality of their products...

Here it is...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.