Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
@Jaggrey....My jury couldnt be convinced either(my wife), but shes out of town this weekend so Im sure I can get in on the car while she is gone and she will never know the difference :)
Perfect timing! She seriously won't know the difference. My wife is always like that too. You ask for her opinion, she'll really give it to you. You just do it without asking for her opinion, she has no idea! :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'd order the eBay one already, but my anniversary is coming up. So I'm having my wife get that for me! I know it's "only" $109 and you may be thinking, "Why go for something so cheap?"

With my wife, it's usually clothes or some novel item like a shave kit. smh

·
Registered
90 Posts
@Toddanh....I should have known better than to ask! I honestly dont think she will notice but if she does the worst it will cost me is a new purse for her and Ill take that trade haha!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd order the eBay one already, but my anniversary is coming up. So I'm having my wife get that for me! I know it's "only" $109 and you may be thinking, "Why go for something so cheap?"

With my wife, it's usually clothes or some novel item like a shave kit. smh

Haha I do this too the only problem is ill just buy it myself then when she says something Ill be like "it can be my birthday gift or anniversary gift" works every time haha

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Last weekend, I happened upon to come across this very last roll, from my nearest Wally's World (have no immediate need, really but it's good to add this to my already handy and very helpful wide width, 3M double sided tape roll I have in my tool box)...so I bought it.

With that said, I'm at the fence really on getting this lip spoiler (Don't get me wrong guys, but I find "go fast look" stuff i.e. lip spoilers..a little bit cheesy. No offense now, ok. :D). On the other hand, I want some sort of "protection" atop the rear corner trunk lid, something that would prevent it from denting the edge trunk bodywork (when hand closes shut the trunk lid, the wrong pressure applied, could dent it). So the lip spoiler will protect it (spreads out the hand pressure)..as I can picture it.

Besides of course, the good looks (okay, okay..I'll give credit where credit is due). I could just be edging closer, to seriously getting one.

That 3M Advanced Super Strength Molding Tape must be a sign (though the included 3M tape on this $109 lip spoiler will suffice, as claimed), for me to get one..(on top of the "bad influence" here). :lol:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm still back & forth on whether I should push the issue myself in getting one. Although now that I'm seeing more 6s on the road, the car really looks great either way. It also seem to me that the spoiler looks a bit better on lighter colors vs. darker ones, but that could be me trying to justify not getting one on my meteor grey :p. Anyone have a pic of the spoiler installed in my color?

·
Registered
94 Posts
......With that said, I'm at the fence really on getting this lip spoiler (Don't get me wrong guys, but I find "go fast look" stuff i.e. lip spoilers..a little bit cheesy. No offense now, ok. :D)......
To me, the spoiler isn't necessarily to get the "go fast look". It just makes the whole profile of the car better. The 6 has a very long hood, which I like, but the rear deck is relatively short. I think having that subtle spoiler helps with the overall profile by making the deck look just a tad longer.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Finally got my lip spoiler. I'm thinking about getting it molded onto the trunk, but I'm not sure how it'll work with the small cutout for the Mazda emblem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I put mine on a few days ago, color match was perfect with the eBay seller and now that it is on I must say, although it is small it adds a great side profile to the car, and makes the trunk line much more attractive, best 109$ Ive spent in a while but to each his own.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I put mine on a few days ago, color match was perfect with the eBay seller and now that it is on I must say, although it is small it adds a great side profile to the car, and makes the trunk line much more attractive, best 109$ Ive spent in a while but to each his own.
And how was the reaction of "the jury"? :) What color is your 6?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
90 Posts
And how was the reaction of "the jury"? :) What color is your 6?

Hahaha.....the jury didnt even notice, she was even behing me in traffic about 30 minutes after I installed it and she didnt even know it was our car or me in front of her haha. Tough part has been me not saying "babe look how much better it looks with the spoiler!". I have a 2015 Jet black Mica.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hahaha.....the jury didnt even notice, she was even behing me in traffic about 30 minutes after I installed it and she didnt even know it was our car or me in front of her haha. Tough part has been me not saying "babe look how much better it looks with the spoiler!". I have a 2015 Jet black Mica.
Lol.... That's hilarious!

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Decided to pull the trigger and get the one on Ebay for $109. Took 2 days to get here and about 15 minutes to install. I added additional 3M tape that I had handy to it just to be sure it wasn't going anywhere. Very happy with the paint matching. It's a near perfect match to the Soul Red paint on the car. Had my doubts, but I'm definitely happy with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Decided to pull the trigger and get the one on Ebay for $109. Took 2 days to get here and about 15 minutes to install. I added additional 3M tape that I had handy to it just to be sure it wasn't going anywhere. Very happy with the paint matching. It's a near perfect match to the Soul Red paint on the car. Had my doubts, but I'm definitely happy with it.

Can you post photos?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I got my spoiler in yesterday. Do you think the top part of the spoiler feels a bit rough? I'm about to go clay bar it just in case it's just some paint over spray.
Mine came with a good finish. Didn't see any problems with it at all.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts