Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after 5 months of waiting my freakin slow ass dealer installs my spoiler...there was an availability issue until recently and i still had to go in there and order the damn thing myself(it was on my due bill)...and so they finally put it on.

Looks good aesthetically tho...i like it...it cancels out the center console break and has an integrated light in the lip...hmmm...reminds me of the lip spoiler from a Lexas Sc400...doesnt wrap all the way around like a cav lip spoiler...juss as long as the trunk tho...looks good...i'll post pics tommorrow if i get the chance.

One

·
Registered
85 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Lip Spoiler'

I'm looking to do this as well ... couple questions

1. how much was it to install and did you go to a mazda dealer to do it?
2. where did you get in from (online store?)
3. Did you get rid of your internal brake light as well?
4. where are the PICS?

Thanks

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: Lip Spoiler

i tried to upload a pic but it kept giving me an open sqbbl message but let me try to upload on another site..and the wires from the center high console goes to the lip the spoiler was 425 from my dealer and they installed it for free.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

That looks good TS3 DraGkuLa... Looks like they did a great job on the installation. Happy driving!

EDIT: How come you didn't tint the front windows? Is it legal, illegal, just didnt want to or what?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

out here in california the two front windows are illegal to tint but im still planning on tinting them. im also waiting to tint the back darker and putting the same color tint on the back to the front windows.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Ummmm I didnt know. The Lip also have Leds. Interesting

·
Registered
256 Posts

Looks good! Actually, it helps balance out the fact that the bottom of the car car looks like it swoops up at the rear.

How's the view out the rear window?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

the view...wow i cant even see it... i forget its there when i look out the back window

·
Registered
455 Posts

Does anyone know if the lip and wing use the same holes in the trunklid? I have the wing and might consider changing to a lip if it did not require buying a whole new lid.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

i don't think the holes match up... i also have the wing and when we opened the trunk with a lip spoiler at rev it up it seems like the holes on the lip are closer together than on the wing, but i haven't done an actual comparison only eyeballed it. what i might actually do if i get the lip spoiler is patch the holes from the wing. i forget what they used but when i went to a fix a sol day for del sols a bunch of us were changing wings and spoilers and they showed us how to patch it up, i think with bondo. i'll have to ask.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

yah definately bondo...then color match with paint.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts