Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of a M6 with the sport package and the lip spoiler? Perhaps even one without the sport package and the lip spoiler?

I've been looking around on car domain and this board too, and the rest of the net, and can't find many good pictures. I really dislike the wing spoiler, but the lip spoiler is just my taste.

Also, how hard is it to remove the wing spoiler that comes with the sport package. I was thinking of getting the appearance package and adding the lip, but I don't particularly care for the add on bumpers over the sculpted ones.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Reading Topic: Lip Spoiler Pictues

Here is my non-sport steel gray 6 with the lip spoiler. I also believe if you get a 2004 M6 you can get the sports package with the lip spoiler instead of the wing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I think I can see my reflection in that thing!

Yeah, that looks really classy. The reason I don't like the wing is, well, I've never liked wings. They're too obtrustive. I want a car that says "Look at me, I've got class, style, and speed"

I guess that's why I like the S4 so much.

But now the MZ3 is really appealing to me!

·
Registered
987 Posts

I have the lip spoiler with the appearance package and I love it. I think it looks really good especially since the light on the spoiler is clear and not red!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Lip Spoiler Pictues'

Originally posted by chikoo

what the...did u dip you car in Carnauba wax???

what a gloss!!![/b]
Nah, just a fresh coat of Zymol. This was my first time using it and I really like the results. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts

autoexe has lip spoilers try looking there. dont really like them prefer a wing, gt-wing would be nice :)

·
Registered
158 Posts

Originally posted by Kazbaeden

Also, how hard is it to remove the wing spoiler that comes with the sport package. I was thinking of getting the appearance package and adding the lip, but I don't particularly care for the add on bumpers over the sculpted ones.[/b]

Unfortunately the hole pattern on the wing spoiler vs the lip spoiler don't match. Once you have the wing spoiler there is no going back short of welding up the holes and repainting.

·
Registered
108 Posts

I like my Wing better than the Lip spoiler... however the only problem I have with my wing is that is seems alittle too flimsy. The first time I closed my truck I held the wing (Like a dumbass) and I didn't break anything but I got the feeling that I shouldn't EVER do that again. Also, when I close the truck normal I can hear it just sound flimsy. Does the Lip spoiler give the same feeling or is it just the Wing? Either way, I like the look of the wing more.

·
Registered
218 Posts

The wing spoiler appearing flimsy was the main reason I went with the lip spoiler. When the dealer was showing me different cars, one had the sports package and he had the trunk open and when he shut it I noticed that the wing spoiler wobbled quite a bit. It seemed like it was very loose to me. After he walked away I went over to it and grabbed it and tried to jiggle it. It seemed solid. However, seeing it wobble when he closed the trunk made me doubt how long it would last over the long haul.

The lip spoiler is mounted right on the trunk. There is no space between it and the trunk at any point so there is absolutely no wobble. I have accidently grabbed the spoiler to open and close the trunk a couple times and it felt very solid. It feels like it's molded as part of the trunk. I avoid using it as a handle though just to be safe.

·
Registered
418 Posts

Wing for me. The lip is just too subtle and looks good on the IS300, but, IMO, the M6 looks 'complete' with the wing spoiler.

·
Registered
145 Posts

I like the wing too, it adds a nice touch to the rear of the car. Plus it has the added bonus of blocking headlights of the car behind you! The lip is nice, but with the sport package I think the wing just adds the last bit of needed flair.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts