Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey! ive been looking around and i couldn't find any thread i wanted to see, so heres the deal, i just bought a lip kit from edozone and i need advices from people who have installed them
sideskirts and the rear my my main concerns, the kit did not come with any intructions nor nuts and bolts.
well i will start this project iether tommorow or monday, any advices or tips would be great! umm... i have a question about the skirt, their is a stock plate under there with screws on it, i was wondering if i should just follow that pattern? merry christmas

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
hey! ive been looking around and i couldn't find any thread i wanted to see, so heres the deal, i just bought a lip kit from edozone and i need advices from people who have installed them
sideskirts and the rear my my main concerns, the kit did not come with any intructions nor nuts and bolts.
well i will start this project iether tommorow or monday, any advices or tips would be great! umm... i have a question about the skirt, their is a stock plate under there with screws on it, i was wondering if i should just follow that pattern? merry christmas
[/b]
FYI: Tomarrow IS monday.

I installed my lip myself. Basically a few things,

First. You will need to buy the the installation clips before you can do anything. If it came with no bolts or clips you will need to buy them all. You can go to the Mazda dealer and order them I'm sure. It would be the same ones used on the factory ones, But would still work just fine... It would probably cost an arm and a leg though, Not sure. I do not know if you can buy universal hardware or what.

Second, You will need templates for both sides, The rear, and the front. You should be able to get the templates from the dealer as well.

Again, It would be the templates for the factory sides and/or lip kit. but it will still work. As all it is for is to get the bolt holes drilled in the correct spot.. Especially with the sides.. You are drilling in to the side of your car through the clearcoat and paint. So this is something you will defiently NEED..

The rear was the easiest piece to install when I did my lip. So I assume it'd be the same for whatever one you chose as well... (which one did you go with anyways? I notice 3 on the site. the first 2 are butt ugly. bu tthe rd one is a replica of the appearance lip)

Lastly.. You will need to remove the rock guard. or whatever the hell it is called that is on the bottom. You will also need to remove the rear mud flap thingy if your car has that as well before you can put the sides on.....

Either way. the most important part is that you get some sort of template so you drill in to the car in the correct spot. It would be pretty imberessing to drive around with a crooked lip kit. Plus it'd cost a shitload to fix the holes you screwd up on... Unless you seriosuly know what you are doing and are extremely good with body work and so forth. If so then best of luck winging it lol. I personally, would have been fucked without the template.

you will also need the correct mounting hardware..(amd metric drill bits if you do not already have those lol).
None of wich you will probably be able to get ahold of today or tomarrow (monday)

Other Members might be able to hook you up with a template. Ask Sabrina or someone...Mine was cut and tore to hell by the time I got done with it.. You defiently do not want to fuck it up. Take your time. Make sure it's all drilled correctly and make sire it's all lined up perfect.

Below are pics of the lip I have on my car. It's the Appearance Lip Kit.. Not sure if it is the same as the one you have.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn! thats a nice car! hey thanks for all your help! i can't work on the mazda today anyways, it's raining like crazy outside... i have a question on the side skirt though, do u drill on the body of the car upward or do u drill along the rail where you jack the car? cause ive seen some people who drill in the rails and use L shape clips to hold them down??

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The only drilling I had to do on the sides was in to the side of the car. at a slight upangle. Not upwards from under the car though.

After you remove the rock shield thing. There will be a series of holes under the car going up. I think you will use like 3 of those holes maybe (could be wrong on the amount).. The rest you plug shut with flat clips that I assume you also didn't get.

Heres some pics of antoher member doing it if this helps. Should help explain where you will be drilling. The second picture shows what is left of the template he used that told him where to line up and drill correctly. Wich is a VERY important piece in getting thise even and straight.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=602487

by the way. Here is one thread that might help you with the mounting clips and stuff.... You can also contact Revenant from that site regarding getting templates for both sides..
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...p;hl=Side+skirt

DEFIENTLY. shoot Revenant an email. She is extremally nice and helpfull. Just ask her what it would run and how you could go about getting of mounting clips and the templates.. In the meantime I will try to find my drections if I still have them and poste them up. but I am like 90% for sure I threw the papers away. So you could ask her if she has the factory directions as well.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
damn, you know I'm REALLY starting to like the non-sport bumper with the lip. Nice pic. I like the fact that you can put OEM lower fogs in there.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
damn, you know I'm REALLY starting to like the non-sport bumper with the lip. Nice pic. I like the fact that you can put OEM lower fogs in there.
[/b]
Had you gotten an 06, the lights would already be there... :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey i just got the lip kit installed, thanks for the tips hedsic, unfortunately fiber glass are hard to work with i painted it and it cracked almost everytime, the sideskirt was a pain, i bet it would have been easier if i had all the things needed though, so my girl just took it to a bodyshop to have it put on! lol

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
hey i just got the lip kit installed, thanks for the tips hedsic, unfortunately fiber glass are hard to work with i painted it and it cracked almost everytime, the sideskirt was a pain, i bet it would have been easier if i had all the things needed though, so my girl just took it to a bodyshop to have it put on! lol[/b]
Yeah, THe sides where a pain for me too. Mainly the drilling in to the car part.. I was sweating and nervouse the entire time in hopes I wasn't fucking up LoL...

So when you going to get up some pics so we can see how the finished product looks?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
WOw. the site just fucked up and posted this same thing several times on me lol.. what the hell was up with that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright here are the pics of the finish product, if i even know how to post em up here correct! i'll take better pics later! right now im busy working on my tiburon! trying to figure out why i only get 18mpg on a i4? lol prolly the 02 sensors, well the next project for the mazda is to tint the windows 20% all, anyone have any tips? lol, thanks for the help hedsic and who ever else help with the lip kit installation, hey by the way just notice the gracie jui jit su- Awesome, my bro trains under gracie barra! thought id throw that out there!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey guys! this site has been down, anyways i thought id reopen this up, since i do have some questions. my sideskirts have gaps in them?!? i know there are clips to put in there but it feels like my side skirts will crack if i try to press againts the body anyfurthere. anyone know where i can buy the clips?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts