Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol

Already , here's my question : instead of having a link appear that I put in a posting , I would like to know how to make it appear as txt only . Occasionally I see this for people's car domain link ; which instead of a link address , they have text that says 'Car Domain Page' ... or ... 'Jo Bloe's Ride' , etc. I'd like to be told how . Thx .

Oh ya and while at it , I also see users posting a smaller version of their pics (like a small window picture) that when you click on it (which is like above - a link) you get the bigger picture . Now I'm not sure if it an option found on ImageShack ... I'm currently using Photobucket since forever and I don't think it has that option in it ?

Thanks for making me less naive , lol

·
Registered
651 Posts
I am not sure if this is what you are referring to or not.

Click on the symbol towards the top of the reply message or edit sig page. It looks like the earth and when you scroll over it it says "insert link".

Type in the URL. Then type in what you want it to say 'Jo Bloe's Ride' in the "enter the title of the webpage" section.

I am not sure about your second question, I haven't tried that yet.

For example:
My Ride

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're losing me , my fault for not understanding .

You're right as to what I'm refering to , in your example with the pic .
O.k. , what I'm wanting to do is this : in my sig. below , it reads 6 Pack here and besides I have a link from my newbie thread that I'm using as a sort of Car Domain Page where I regroup all of my important threads with mods done . Now this link ; I would like it to not show , but rather show only text saying 6 Pack here (as a clicky-that once you click on it it sends you there just the same way like clicking on the link beside 6 Pack here).

Please explain with clear details on how to go about doing this .

·
Registered
651 Posts
It's hard for me to explain what to do, but I'll try again.

First click on "my controls" that's how you edit your signature page that you put your link in.

Second click "edit signature" on the lefthand side of the page.

Now you should see the big white box that has what you typed in your signature

Find the area that has the symbols B I U <strike>S</strike> and the A (with color options under it) and then the blue earth looking symbol next the "A" , that's what you click on. Click on the blue earth symbol, when you scroll over it, it says "insert link"

Type in the URL and then click OK.

Type in "6 Pack here" then click OK.

This should work for you. Feel free to ask specific questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts