Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not much of a car audio expert, so maybe this is a dumb question.
Would a line drive adapter, like the NE-7V HERE, split the the power to the speaker and make it unbalanced with the rest?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I'm not much of a car audio expert, so maybe this is a dumb question.
Would a line drive adapter, like the NE-7V HERE, split the the power to the speaker and make it unbalanced with the rest?
[/b]
all this is is a line output converter. its not splitting the power, but taking the speaker level signal and converting it to line level so you can feed it into an amp or something. what are you trying to do?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all this is is a line output converter. its not splitting the power, but taking the speaker level signal and converting it to line level so you can feed it into an amp or something. what are you trying to do?
[/b]
Just want to add an 8" or 10" sub to the stock HU, since it seems a huge PITA to put an aftermarket HU in an 06'.
I did some research, and someone recommended that line drive adapter.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just want to add an 8" or 10" sub to the stock HU, since it seems a huge PITA to put an aftermarket HU in an 06'.
[/b]
Yep that is what you would want to use... I am planning that myself next month...

Side note: Go for the 10" sub, you won't regret it...

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
[/b]
do u have bose?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
There are several audio experts on the forum, which could probably educate you better than I.

I've used that very product until I purchased the Metra Kit and upgraded. You also have another option, that being purchasing a amp that will accept speaker level inputs.

3 cents worth....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's non-bose.

I had 2 10"s in my last car, so I just need to make a new box for it, and stick a single in the hatch.
I'm not gonna bother with an aftermarket HU, not unless it becomes significantly easier/cheaper to stick one in there.

One a secondary note, anyone know the best place/price to get an 06/07' MAzda MP3 HU ?
$429 is the cheapest I've seen so far at mazdastuff.com

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lebult, let me know how it goes! Post pics of the install!

for mp3 u might as well look in Group buy and get the audiolink.

so to get this right, 2006 non-bose, we need a LOC to go from HU to amp??

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure thing :)
Probably won't be for a while yet. I'm just doing the research right now, and I'll probably start buying the stuff around Christmas time. (eariler if I get this new job)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Lebult, let me know how it goes! Post pics of the install!

for mp3 u might as well look in Group buy and get the audiolink.

so to get this right, 2006 non-bose, we need a LOC to go from HU to amp??
[/b]
Yes you wil need a LOC to Tap the FRONT speaker wires of the non Bose HU. The rears have horrible eq attached. Like stated above, there are amps out there that take speaker level inputs, making the need for the LOC unneseccary.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Yes you wil need a LOC to Tap the FRONT speaker wires of the non Bose HU. The rears have horrible eq attached. Like stated above, there are amps out there that take speaker level inputs, making the need for the LOC unneseccary.
Good Luck!
[/b]
agreed. the rear channels have the highs and lows rolled off at the HU. make sure you tap the front channels.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Good Luck!
[/b]

agreed. the rear channels have the highs and lows rolled off at the HU. make sure you tap the front channels.
[/b]
Wow that sucks... I didn't know that... So it would be easier then to install the LOC right behind the HU and then run a signal cable to the trunk... (not w/ the power wires)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts