Mazda 6 Forums banner

Like these options?

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  applejax 
#1 ·
I was checking the options for the Atenza at the Japanese Mazda-site. I found the following options. I think they are hideous!!!

HOW FAKE!

WHAT IS THIS? A BAD TUNINGCAR?

WELCOME IN THE WORLD OF MERCEDES.....

See less See more
#2 ·
Replying to Topic 'Like these options?'

The lights (rear & front) are cheesy, but I kind of like the wood. It looks fake, no doubt, but how many wood trims don't look fake? I think it's pretty cool looking.

As for the mirror signals. I guess there pretty cool as long as you get rid of the side markers.

:)

#3 ·

Originally posted by AliAL

The lights (rear & front) are cheesy, but I kind of like the wood. It looks fake, no doubt, but how many wood trims don't look fake? I think it's pretty cool looking.

As for the mirror signals.  I guess there pretty cool as long as you get rid of the side markers.

:)[/b]
On the opposite: I like the rear lights. Cool. The headlights...well, no comments. But the wood trim...cheeeesshhh!!!! Who would like to destroy their perfect 6 that way??? Not me, that's for sure!!!

And one more thing: you yanks seem to have problems with those side markers. But they are an important security detail. There would be plenty more of you if you just aimed at some kind of traffic safety. But you don't seem to have that culture... Side markers are important!!!:sarc :D

#4 ·

Originally posted by Steve 6er

And one more thing: you yanks seem to have problems with those side markers. But they are an important security detail. There would be plenty more of you if you just aimed at some kind of traffic safety. But you don't seem to have that culture... Side markers are important!!!:sarc :D[/b]
You missunderstood. Personally I love side markers. They're functional and I think they look great. All I'm saying is that it's overkill when you have the side markers AND the side mirror directionals. I would put one or the other on my car, not both.

I guess I'm alone on the wood though huh? :(

#5 ·

Originally posted by AliAL

Originally posted by Steve 6er

And one more thing: you yanks seem to have problems with those side markers. But they are an important security detail. There would be plenty more of you if you just aimed at some kind of traffic safety. But you don't seem to have that culture... Side markers are important!!!:sarc :D[/b]
You missunderstood. Personally I love side markers. They're functional and I think they look great. All I'm saying is that it's overkill when you have the side markers AND the side mirror directionals. I would put one or the other on my car, not both.

I guess I'm alone on the wood though huh? :( [/b][/quote]

Ahh...sorry! :D This sidemarker issue almost gets me goin'. U know - I've seen many people wishing them to go away.

The directionals on the mirrors are great - you see them "miles" away. But they certainly are a bit Mercedish...:sarc

And yes, you're in the wood on the wood issue...:D

#7 ·

I didn't like the wood trim, but what I wood (pun intended...) like was if the center console came in different metal colors.

Imagine the interior feel with this panel in cobolt blue, glowing in the dark (together with blue instrument lights...)

Oh, baby!!!:D

#9 ·

the wood is not my type. front light looks ok depends on what's the color of the body. And for the taillight, it's too Altezza (IS200). For the mirror with turn light, i love it!! (cos my 6 already equipe with this but with the light console wider from middle and all the way to the end) :p

#11 ·

I don't like all of these options, they look too cheap (especially the wood-trim; they look like an old Mercedes 190 E). The backlightcovers look like they're made from plastic, and the frontlights are better looking when they're 'normal' (white) or black. The same goes for the backlights (just look @ the picture Matt Mazda has as his 'Avater')

Coen

#13 ·

My current car has the fake wood. I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me. It really helps "break up" the interior. Much better than the silver crap they offered.

I've found a website (can't remember it, will find it if anyone wants) for a company who offers whole dash treatments (consoles, door handles, ebrakes, etc.) in a variety of trims (different woods, carbon fiber, etx.). That might be an option - maybe if Mazda doesn't offer it, I can find a nice wood color there...

Oh, and I do agree that the picture does a bit too much wood. While I like it, there is still overkill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.