Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 Months later my car is back! :D My hood lines up with the grille now, and my bumper finally matches the rest of the car. I used PoorBoys products on the car today along with Porter Cable and the results are in the pictures.

Well here are pictures of my 2004 Steel Gray 6. It has 19" Motegi FF7's and Tein S-Techs. I have the Black Racing bumper with a two tone paint scheme; the hood is painted with a "V" style and the roof is also black. Enjoy! And please comment.

Today 6/14/06:

And these are my new 12" Kicker Solo Baric L5's thanks to n1ghtmare.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Jesus that thing is clean. What kind of wax did you use on that thing?

The lip looks amazing on your car and I love the colors that you are going with on this. The V on the hood looks perfect to me along with the painted fogs. The whole car is just perfect, I don't think I would change a thing on it.

Edit: I was just looking at your sig today and wondering what your whole car looked like now, haha im psychic today.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jesus that thing is clean. What kind of wax did you use on that thing?

The lip looks amazing on your car and I love the colors that you are going with on this. The V on the hood looks perfect to me along with the painted fogs. The whole car is just perfect, I don't think I would change a thing on it.
[/b]
Ha! Thanks. I do all my detailing using a Porter Cable 7336SP Buffer. I used Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover. There is not one swirl on all my paint including the black. Then I went with Step 1 of Meguiars Paint Cleaner. And I layered it with NXT for protection. Just wait until I Zaino it this weekend. lol

Thanks man.

·
Registered
979 Posts
That is one hell of a car! It looks great!!!! The color scheme is a good contrast and makes it look sporty! I like the wheels too!

·
Registered
780 Posts
6iX Speed, that is niiiiiiiiiiice!! but lemme ask u, is that the erebuni grill u got there and the black racing lip, or is the whole front bumper just one piece??

·
Registered
440 Posts
Car looks superb :drool:. You mentioned it in another post but yeah your painter was on crack or had some lapse when he tried to match the V from grille to hood :headscrat:. It looks good regardless of course but is noticeable at least in these pics.

Where did you get your grille also? The fit looks perfect and is the best of this style badgeless grille that I have seen :love:.

I know of one more simple mod that will help put your car even more over the top...

CHANT: Eyelids...Eyelids...Eyelids :thumbup:.

·
Registered
700 Posts
the car looks amazing man. wow. great job is all i have to say. got a question though
what grill is that? and where do i buy it. i have been trying to figure that out for forever...

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol I think he was just messing around. He's a fellow Cuban. My front end is an entire bumper from Erebuni. It's the 374 "Black Racing Style" and is a one piece bumper. I've never seen a bumper that fits so well. Thanks for the compliments guys and girls.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Looks sick, probably one of the nicest looking steel grey's on the boards.

Question though: are you going to get the paint job lined up for the hood to grill?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No I'm not going to align the lines from the hood and the grille. It doesn't bother me that much anymore, and it's even on both sides. I believe blakmagik had a similar problem. And you can't beat my body shops pricing on all of the paint and labor.

I was charged $450 for mounting and fitting the bumper, painting the bumper, painting the hood, and painting the roof. :)

SWEET JESUS, son of Mary! WOW, what an amazing looking 6. You need LO-JACK!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
I think I should. It's been pellet gunned :(, and it's also been egged. :(

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
you need to update your sig too!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I was drunk last night when I posted, so now that Im well and sober Im sorry but you car looks like shit. :D Jk. Under 500 bucks for all that work, thats a reall good deal. This is one of those cars I would love to see in person.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
About this Discussion
62 Replies
36 Participants
6iX SPEED
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing