Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wheels are good for performance gains ?
I looking for 16" lightweight wheels, but they must be strong enough to handle rally conditions (we have bad roads here).
What you can say about magnesium wheels ?
Also tire must be lighter too... So what recomendations ?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Depends...

For the price, you can't beat the price of Rota's.... (see SubyDude.com for lowest rates)... some may say they aren't strong, but 99% of their customers are overly satisfied....

Enkei RPF's are VERY light... a 16x7 is a mere 13.7 pounds...

Not a lot of board members go with 16's, but if you had to get a good, strong, lightweight, OEM quality set, you could try and find some RX7 wheels locally (16x8)...

I think the only issue you are going to have is your location, not sure how much shipping is going to be...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 Wiggum
Thanks for idea :)
Shipping will not be a problem... I own dealership, I'll just orded them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
TE-37 are super strong and super light. I have never seen people bending TE-37 before.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Look for FD rims (3rd gen RX-7). I'd sell you mine, but shipping would probably be prohibitive ;) Check the Buy/Sell section just in case you are interested.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2 yjack
What is TE-37 ?

2 Mazda Gremlyn
I'll think about it, but the shipping could be a lot more than price of wheels :)
How much they weight without tire.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
The rims are something like 15 lbs sans tyres. But.... hahaha I just check fedex... you want to spend $1500 on shipping? :p

·
Registered
244 Posts
Volk racing TE-37

http://www.mackinindustries.com/md/rays/te37.html

TE-37 are basicly the "icon" for import wheels. Rays probably produce this wheels for almost 10 years now. TE-37 are pretty much the lightest and strongest road wheels. The wheel only weight 10lbs for 16inch. If you are looking for top of line performance wheel with a very classical 6 spoke look, TE-37 is the only way to go.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually looking for light weight and strong construction :)
The look is latest thing I looking for...
TE-37 anyway looks cool :)

So I think I'll go with 16x8.0 +42

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW.
How much cost Volk TE37 16x8.0 +42 ?
And the main thing - where to get them ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts