Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to purchase some lighter wheels for my 2005 mazda6s sedan, but i can never find any wheel weights on the websites that i search... can anyone recommend some lighter wheels that are chromed? i'm not into darker colored wheels as i think they look funny on my car. it's steel grey. could anyone please send some pictures my way along with weights and names? i'm a newb when it comes to this tire/wheel stuff. but i'm looking for a lighter ride and this is where i want to start doing that. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't know how accurate the information on this site is, but I have been using it as a guide for some general wheel weights. Perhaps someone else with a little more knowledge on the subject can verify the accuracy of the weights.

http://www.wheelweights.net/

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
You can check tirerack. Plug in mazda6 and search. When you click on a wheel you can find more info on it. Most of time in the info window there is the weight of the rims.

·
Registered
801 Posts
here are a few I pulled out on top of my head:

5zigen Pro Racer GN+ 16lbs 17's
Gram Lights 57pro
Axis Reverb 18lbs 17's
Velox VX-6R 18lbs 18's so maybe 16lbs for 17's
Raze R74 approx 18lbs for 17's

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Specifically, a VERY lightweight wheel is the 5zigen Fnor1-c. Under 17lbs for a 17" rim
[/b]
A pound per inch (depending on the width as well), I would say is decently light. Not to argue with you, as I would respect your opinion. I just believe that that's how wheels SHOULD be. Anything heavier than a pound/inch is heavy to me in a performance perspective.

Racing Hart cp035
Kosei K1-TS
SSR Competition
[/b]
Now ^^ those are VERY light.

·
Registered
165 Posts
How heavy are chrome OEM 17"?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah, didn't know chrome would be so heavy. my car would look nice sitting on chromes too... just going to have to take out my stock jack kit and tire that came with teh car haha.

how much does the stock wheels weigh in at?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Remember, that removing ambient (unsprung) weight will not have nearly the effect that removing rotational mass (sprung) weight will have.

Do yourself a favor and go with the lightest rims that suit your taste

·
Registered
199 Posts
OZ Superleggera & Ultraleggera 17x8 and 17.6 lbs.

Centerline RPM & Storm wheels - 14lbs for 17x7, but 42 offset and hope you like the polished look.

Multiple Rota's are in the 16lb range. Slipstream, SubZero, etc.

Enkei has multiple ones that fit the criteria:

RP-02 & Rpm2 are 15.2 lbs for 17x7,
RPF1 are the same weight but 17x7.5 and a better offset.
RO-03 are 17x8 at 17.9 lbs.

Edge Racing (edgeracing.com) list weights for many:

http://www.edgeracing.com/2004/Mazda/6/wheels/17/

Flik FTD, for example.

I'll let those with real-world fitting, but it sounds like with 45mm offset you may have to roll your rear fenders, depending on the tire you put on it.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
ah, didn't know chrome would be so heavy. my car would look nice sitting on chromes too... just going to have to take out my stock jack kit and tire that came with teh car haha.
how much does the stock wheels weigh in at?
[/b]
See post #9

^
|
|
|

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, i realize that now haha. didn't know it was so darn heavy. and i missed the post about the oem wheels weight, but i see it now. thanks dabears2k.

gonna have to search through some wheels and see what happens.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Remember, that removing ambient (unsprung) weight will not have nearly the effect that removing rotational mass (sprung) weight will have.

Do yourself a favor and go with the lightest rims that suit your taste
[/b]

Um, isn't that backward? Wheels and tires are unsprung - the spring doesn't support them. The rest of the car (for the most part) is sprung weight.

·
Registered
309 Posts
don't think you will have any luck finding a chrome wheel that has anything respectable for weight. the wheels dabears mentioned and business mentioned are some of the best out there. ;)
[/b]

You could try Centerline wheels. They have chrome and a polished aluminum look that is very close to chrome. Wheels are light weight, forged and if you are looking for 17's they have quite a few selling for reduced 9 (overstock) price directly from thier website.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
MN6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing