Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got new wheels. I got Kazera KZ-V's from Tire Rack. The wheels are 17x7", 50mm offset, and weight around 17.2 lbs. They're shod with Falken ZIEX's which are 21.4 lbs, making for a very lightweight yet relatively grippy wheel and tire combo compared to the OEM equipment. How lightweight? I feel a difference in initial acceleration and turning with these puppies on. Now on to the pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I finally got new wheels. I got Kazera KZ-V's from Tire Rack. The wheels are 17x7", 50mm offset, and weight around 17.2 lbs. They're shod with Falken ZIEX's which are 21.4 lbs, making for a very lightweight yet relatively grippy wheel and tire combo compared to the OEM equipment. How lightweight? I feel a difference in initial acceleration and turning with these puppies on. Now on to the pics:
[/b]
They look great.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Very nice! look perfect

Look very close to my 17x8 Kosei K1-TS, weight in at about 15lbs! Mine wheels alone cost more then the entire set up though lol

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Look good. Dropped about 10 lbs a corner ... will accelerate like you just took out a 75 lb bag of sand. Both grip and ride quality should see even more improvement.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Ha!!!! They look GREAT!!!!! :thumbup: We might look like twins (at our next meet) except I'm the 800 lb gorilla and you're the good looking guy. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice choice in wheels. They look great on steel gray. :yesnod:
[/b]
Yours look good too! LOL Thanks!

Ha!!!! They look GREAT!!!!! :thumbup: We might look like twins (at our next meet) except I'm the 800 lb gorilla and you're the good looking guy. :rofl:
[/b]
You gave me the idea to get the Kazeras. Actually, I was wondering if you'd call me copycat. :)

Look good. Dropped about 10 lbs a corner ... will accelerate like you just took out a 75 lb bag of sand. Both grip and ride quality should see even more improvement.
[/b]
I figured as much thanks to your spreadsheet!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
You gave me the idea to get the Kazeras. Actually, I was wondering if you'd call me copycat. :)
[/b]
No way!! I have to copy you with all your mods. My wife is going to hate me. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No way!! I have to copy you with all your mods. My wife is going to hate me. :laugh:
[/b]
You got a turbo. Mine has none. You're one major mod ahead of me. Who's copying who? LOL

wow they're sharp look nice
[/b]
Thanks!

Looks good Ray. I sold a set of Kazeras when I got these ALTs, they're good wheels.
[/b]
Your Kazeras held up really well too. The fact that they served you well contributed to my decision.

By the way, did your Kazeras have ASA markings as part of the wheel mold? Mine has ASA markings on the back side. It's well-known that ASA licensed wheel-making processes and technology from BBS.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Nice choice, we just lucked into a set of Racing Harts (MSP) wheels for the hatch. George had 3 wheels and he found a 4th, so I took them off his hand. Chris is shipping me the BBS wheels for the MSP, when he gets back to the NC. They weigh only 12 pounds each!

Both wheels should help each car in Auto-xing next year

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice choice, we just lucked into a set of Racing Harts (MSP) wheels for the hatch. George had 3 wheels and he found a 4th, so I took them off his hand.[/b]
You know I was looking for those MSP Racing Harts, but no one in wants to get rid of them.

Chris is shipping me the BBS wheels for the MSP, when he gets back to the NC. They weigh only 12 pounds each!

Both wheels should help each car in Auto-xing next year
[/b]
BBS wheels...12 lb racing wheels... :drool:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sick setup, looks like its time for a new Avatar pick.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts