Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 6 on Saturday. When I locked it the lights would flash and if I pressed lock a second time it'd honk. When I unlock the lights flash too. Well yesterday I dropped it off at the dealer to get some stuff done to it (rust proofing, etc). When I picked it up, the lights wouldn't flash any more when I locked it (wouldn't honk either). It still flashes when I unlock. I'm thinking maybe there is some setting they accidentally made that turned this off??? The car still locks, but I like the lights to flash so I know it is locked. How can I get this to work again???

·
Registered
90 Posts
Reading Topic: Lights don't flash when locking car

Check the trunk lid if it's released. It needs to be closed all the way for it to flash the lights and honk on the second press.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Lights don't flash when locking car'

Originally posted by derekraines

I just got my 6 on Saturday. When I locked it the lights would flash and if I pressed lock a second time it'd honk. When I unlock the lights flash too. Well yesterday I dropped it off at the dealer to get some stuff done to it (rust proofing, etc). When I picked it up, the lights wouldn't flash any more when I locked it (wouldn't honk either). It still flashes when I unlock. I'm thinking maybe there is some setting they accidentally made that turned this off??? The car still locks, but I like the lights to flash so I know it is locked. How can I get this to work again???[/b]
I had this same problem with my car.. Tookit to the dealer and they said that the actual alarm unit went bad. So they ordered the part, replaced it and I havent had a problem since.

·
Registered
383 Posts

and now we know where Absolut's dealer got the replacement part! ;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It ended up being the trunk. It looked like it was closed but it actually wasn't. Guess the dealer did some cleaning back there and didn't shut it properly. Everything works now!

·
Registered
107 Posts

thank goodness for this post. as i came back from vacuuming my car and adjusting the headlights tonight i noticed when i locked the car in the drive the lights didn't flash. i was like hmm... and fiddled with it for a few minutes then gave up. i remebered seeing a post about it so i dug it up and it was a big help! i noticed my hood was actually unlatched, that's why the lights didn't blink when i locked it. that's actually a very nice feature, including the trunk part since the trunk is difficult to tell sometimes if it's actually closed or not.

anyway, thanks for the psot!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

That happened to me. Didn't work for a day until I realized the trunk wasn't completely closed.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts

It is starting to happen to me from last week. Someone figure out why.

-SC3

·
Registered
981 Posts

That same thing happened to me when i took my car in-they left the trunk open. i didn't figure it out until i went to my car the next morning and got to work and tried to lock it. then i thought, why won't the horn honk? i can't believe they (the dealer) would leave the trunk open!

·
Registered
97 Posts

Yup, wondered the same thing when it happened to me last week, I remembered that the last thing I opened was the trunk, so I reopened and closed it and the alarm started working properly again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts