Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
i was just reading about these over on 6tech.

DO NOT DO THIS

it causes a more unstable engine, and will emphasize the weakpoint of the duratec.

ford used a smaller (similar to this part) on the contour, and owners everywhere were getting spun bearings.

its not worth the 1-2 hp it will give you . search for the subject at www.mazda6tech.com

you will get all the info you want there.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well, if you want a lighter pulley system . You can always go with a set of these: $279 for the Alternator and Waterpump pulleys, at http://www.srmotorsports.com/Mazda6_Perfor...er_Pulleys.html
(Scroll down on the page)

[/b]
These aren't out yet. I looked into them a while ago. Back in October they said it would 3 to 4 weeks for the accesorry pullys to be ready. I would bet my paycheck that they still aren't ready for production. Some of the items on SRmotorsports aren't in production yet. The photos of different items for the 6 are also the same photos for Mazda 3 products.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
who cares? the benefit wont be much, esp for the 60$ price tag i bet they will put on them for being blue..

isnt worth it.

* COUGH* EXCUSE ME $279.

what a dumb purchase.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Lightened crank pulleys actually ive a good gain, but it does depend on the car. On my old 2.4L Grand Am I noticed quite a difference between stock and the underdriven one that I used. But I guess Im going to stay away from this mod on the 6. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Trouble1986
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing