Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 GS (Canadian) model, and do not have any of the door switches illuminated at night. Does the higher end models have illuminated switches ?

I was playing with a led in the top of the door handle pocket and it gives enough light to the handle and to light up the switches. If the other models do have illumination then there should be a wire in the harness I could tap into.

Thanks much !!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
My 2009 6s GT has the two front switches lit on the driver side and the passenger side front switch is lit. (I'm not sure about the rear passenger switches.)
If you push the lock button on the driver controls, only the driver window switch remains lit.
I wish the two rear switches for the driver were lit. I wonder if I can order the two front switches and transplant them to replace the non-lit switches for the back windows...

~Mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
My 2009 6s GT has the two front switches lit on the driver side and the passenger side front switch is lit. (I'm not sure about the rear passenger switches.)
If you push the lock button on the driver controls, only the driver window switch remains lit.
I wish the two rear switches for the driver were lit. I wonder if I can order the two front switches and transplant them to replace the non-lit switches for the back windows...

~Mike
I dont think that changing the back switches will change anything. It could be programmed like that with a control chip/module somewhere near the switches and this could be bypassed to stay lit even when passenger windows are locked.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. At least now I know theres a wire there for it - whether or not my model uses it. I don't have to worry about trying to get another wire through to try what i'm thinking.

Steve

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have a 2010 GS (Canadian) model, and do not have any of the door switches illuminated at night. Does the higher end models have illuminated switches ?

I was playing with a led in the top of the door handle pocket and it gives enough light to the handle and to light up the switches. If the other models do have illumination then there should be a wire in the harness I could tap into.

Thanks much !!!
I also bought a GS 2010 (6 speed) and Im sure that mine are illuminated..I need to look closer tonight to confirm, but Im sure that I saw some red light there...

·
Registered
921 Posts
I dont think that changing the back switches will change anything. It could be programmed like that with a control chip/module somewhere near the switches and this could be bypassed to stay lit even when passenger windows are locked.
No, I don't want them on if they're locked.
What I mean is the driver switches for the rear windows do not have red LEDs in them at all.
The switches look identical to the lit ones so i think swapping in lit switches for the drivers rear controls would look better.

~Mike

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ok I look at my 2010 mazda6 GS today and on the driver side the front windows switches light red, also on the passenger side the switch light.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The window switch lights are there just to let the driver (and front passenger) know when the switches are active. That is why the front passenger light goes out when the lock is activated. The drivers window still works but the others are shut off. You will also notice that when shutting off the engine before the doors are opened, the lights remain on, letting the driver know that the windows are still operable. If you wait a few minutes without opening the doors, when the lights go off, the windows will no longer work without turning the key back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts