Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the forum but not finding any thread's with pics of what I'm looking for, hoping another member has this mod on their 1st gen.

I'm looking for a led lighted sill plate w/ the Mazda 6 logo in white. I've found some on Amazon and eBay but was hoping a member could point me to one they used and were happy with it.

Anyone out there with lighted sill plates? I have a 2007 6i 5dr and would like to do this mod, along with the led conversion for the bottom door panel lights.

Any advice, pics, and links to parts that you are happy with after the install is much appreciated!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been searching the forum but not finding any thread's with pics of what I'm looking for, hoping another member has this mod on their 1st gen.

I'm looking for a led lighted sill plate w/ the Mazda 6 logo in white. I've found some on Amazon and eBay but was hoping a member could point me to one they used and were happy with it.

Anyone out there with lighted sill plates? I have a 2007 6i 5dr and would like to do this mod, along with the led conversion for the bottom door panel lights.

Any advice, pics, and links to parts that you are happy with after the install is much appreciated!
I don't have any experience with these, but looking at them, they're pretty much just scuff plates that have LEDs behind them. If the LEDs go bad (I.e. due to the ones you buying being cheap) you can just buy some new strips from Amazon in your choice if color and install those beneath the plate instead

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I was hoping another member had tried set that they ended up being happy with. I'm wondering about any fitment issues, the finish quality, and of course wiring them up.

I'm used to the Mustang community, where there is a plethora (Forgive me, El Guapo!) of aftermarket parts available.

Trying to scour the sites for any decent parts upgrades for the 1st gen 6's.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I don't have any pictures but I had these on my '06 way back when. I liked them and don't remember any specific issues as far as fitment or anything like that. Wiring was pretty straight forward if I recall but I don't remember what I tied into - I think it was the interior light fuse but I'm not 100% since it's been like 10 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I can tell it doesn't look like Mazda offered a upgraded OEM sill plate (lighted or otherwise), so the ones on eBay / Amazon look to be my only options.

I'll report back if I decide to attempt it and post pics of the install.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts