Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get lighter flywheels can someone recommand me what's the best ones, and they should give my car a little power increase?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Shame but auto's don't use flywheels....

we get a nifty thing called a torque converter

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn i'm such a noob

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
we get a nifty thing called a torque converter
Do you know if there are any after market available?
[/b]
Yes. www.cp-e.com But only if you have the 5sp atx for the V6. If you have the 4sp atx you can get valve bodies from lentech which make for faster shifts. Otherwise thats about it for ATX performance :tear:

·
Registered
366 Posts
How hard is it to install one of these flywheels on our V6's? Would u recommend doing the install urself or take it to a machanic or the mazda dealership?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
It's not easy, you have to take out the tranny. Probably best to take it to a shop and do it when you replace the clutch since it takes mostly the same install costs.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
if you are running the 4sp atx, Lentech can do ANYTHING you want for it. if you are running the 5sp (4cyl) than hit up SCI and see how he's coming. he's been working on valvebodies for a bit now, think he might be finishing up his street testing?

·
Registered
159 Posts
What about the 6speed ATX?
[/b]
nothing yet. YOur tranny doesn't have the same overheating issues that the 5sp did, so it is not quite as imperitive to change out the valvebodies. Adding a tranny cooler will signifigantly stiffen/quicken up your shifts for the time being.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts