Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me give a background of the car condition. I have a 2018 Mazda 6 with around 16k on the ODO. I've followed the manual and service schedules to the T and never went gung-ho on the throttle.

Now since last couple of days I've seen very light colored smoke from under the hood even with 3 miles drive from home to my work place ( goes away in 10-20 secs) There's no burning smell or visible point from where the smoke emanates.
I cranked up the hood to check if there's liquid spill but fortunately none. I went to nearby Mazda, they checked and sent me away with "no issues" as all the checks were good. The temp stays around midway on the dash and all the fluid levels are up to mark as well.
It rains almost every evening so my guess is that the moisture content in the air around engine bay might be causing smoke (now guessed vapor). I'll try click photo's if it happens again.

Any suggestions or opinions on what else to check would be really helpful as I don't want to crank the hood after every drive with the horror that something might be on fire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So apparently, I never got a burning smell but it appears there was a small oil leak from the back of cylinder. Mazda dealer in PA, called up Mazda QA guys and I got engine replacement stuff done. All under warranty no charges.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Sorcerer's apprentice
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing