Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my windows tinted last week and I had the guy put two small round ( about 1 inch ) pieces of dark tint over the light and cruise indicators. Works very well at cutting down the gay green and yellow glare. Would post pics but you can't really see them because of there location. Use a limo tint to hide them.....:D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Reading Topic: Light & Cruise on dash

Probably not as effective..but what I did was tilted/telescoped my steering wheel until it hid both of them. Now all I see is the very edges of the green lines and none of the cruise light. :)

·
Registered
980 Posts

hey meat6 that's a great idea man....is the glare really that bad. i mean does it disturb daily driving?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

The glare is pretty bad. I guess it's not really so much a glare as it is really distracting. The worst part about it, is that the dimmer switch that operates the rest of the instrument panel has no effect on those two lights. The have only one setting....brightest.

·
Registered
212 Posts

I don't see any glare from the dash on the windshield... Maybe it's because I'm pretty tall (a little over 6')?

Anyway, I like the tint idea for the warning lights. Might have that done when I have my windows tinted.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'Light & Cruise on dash'

Originally posted by chindo

hey meat6 that's a great idea man....is the glare really that bad.  i mean does it disturb daily driving?[/b]
Well like it's been said, you can't turn them down so the tint will do it for you. I really hated how bright they were but now you barely notice them. Highly recommend to anyone who dislikes them. The best part about the tint, I thought the guy forgot to put them on when I first picked up the car.Had to really look to find them :D

·
Registered
628 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

The solution might be to turn the cruise to off´*hint* :D[/b]
And drive at night without headlights... :D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Noo... Hmm

IF cruise control OFF
THEN green & yellow LED's OFF
IF fullbeam ON
THEN LED's stay dark

sortof :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Noo... Hmm  

IF cruise control OFF
THEN green & yellow LED's OFF
IF fullbeam ON
THEN LED's stay dark

sortof  :D[/b]
ah no, If lights are on green is on

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

On the Swedish cars, if you set the chruise to OFF non of the lights for it is on, regardless if you have lights on low or high beam. If you switch to ON then the green is on. If you press Set Coast, Yellow is on (or was it the other way around? :)).

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

On the Swedish cars, if you set the chruise to OFF non of the lights for it is on, regardless if you have lights on low or high beam. If you switch to ON then the green is on. If you press Set Coast, Yellow is on (or was it the other way around? :)).[/b]
Well that explains it.....on US cars it's yellow for cruise and green for lights on, period.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I guess it's that auto headlight stuff again...

Anyway...the reason you cannot dim the cruise light is probably out of safety reasons. If you forget it's on (and don't have that irritating light to remind you) you may get into some problems if you accidentally resume cruise.

That's my theory.

Anyway, it's not a big problem. But if you drive at night in low traffic, it becomes a bit annoying. It was the same on the 626. But not a prob, really...

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by stew560

The solution might be to turn the cruise to off´*hint* :D[/b]
And drive at night without headlights... :D[/b][/quote]
yeah since it almost seems like they are so blinding anyways :sarc what can u say though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts