Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in nutreal rolling down the road straight and with the windows down hear a very light clicking noise. Also hear a very slight rubbing moise from left wheel under alleraction. Ideas?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Check the tie rod ends and ball joints. A failed tie rod end will hose you immediately and, if on the highway, might well result in complete loss of control and a REALLY nasty crash.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gonna chime in here...tie rods are a very real possibility. I also had l/r play with a rubbing/roar from my wheel. Finally GM felt they had enough Acadias and Xt5s sitting everywhere but the dealerships that they have us a weekend off. I tore into the front end like it owed money. The was infact the tie rod ends and the wheel bearing. When I got the hub off the bearing fell apart like a meth heads explanation for sweeping the yard. The actual bearings rolled around the garage floor as if I was playing marbles. I was extremely blessed to have gotten to it when I did as I might not be here now to share my testimony. I sincerely hope you have been able to solve the issue and all is well. Good luck and keep in mind that repairs of this nature should be done in pairs. Good parts WILL put strain on bad ones. ????

·
Registered
22 Posts
@TalonTsi90 lugs were tighter than a tics ass. Had to use the trusty ugga dugga and a few choice words to remove. Failed to mention that it was the Maxima in profile pic and it was embarrassingly unloved before I got it. Was a trap car in iits former life. Thing still had baggies and seeds in the seat back pocket. The D boy clearly had no concept of vehicle ownership or pride. Idiot spliced into the factory Bose amp for the sound system...fried the wiring. So u can just imagine the fun I had fixing that one. The oil was like 20 yr old black coffee mixed with molasses. Tranny fluid was so burnt Im shocked I got the thing home the night I bought it..but hey I only paid $600 for it and I brought it back too life. Hence the slight smile in the pic...took that thing to 350k till the tranny finally gave up on me. Had 120 on it when I got it so I got my investment back.
Btw it was a 00 Max se AT. I know this is a 6 forum but I am a top down NISSAN freak .. especially the max so it was a saaaad day when I watched it get hauled off to DCH. (Financially motivated)
I CRIED ???? SNOT AND ALL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gonna chime in here...tie rods are a very real possibility. I also had l/r play with a rubbing/roar from my wheel. Finally GM felt they had enough Acadias and Xt5s sitting everywhere but the dealerships that they have us a weekend off. I tore into the front end like it owed money. The was infact the tie rod ends and the wheel bearing. When I got the hub off the bearing fell apart like a meth heads explanation for sweeping the yard. The actual bearings rolled around the garage floor as if I was playing marbles. I was extremely blessed to have gotten to it when I did as I might not be here now to share my testimony. I sincerely hope you have been able to solve the issue and all is well. Good luck and keep in mind that repairs of this nature should be done in pairs. Good parts WILL put strain on bad ones. ????
It was a wheel bearing. Strangely enough the only indication was the roaring /rubbing noise. Tire didn't have up down movement just side to side. I took it all apart and took it to a shop to press out the old wheel bearing and put the new one in. the guy told me that the bearing was pretty much destroyed. I guess at some point in time it was damaged and the ring on it had a gash that let debris get in it. Bottom line it was toast. I put everything back together and ordered a new lower rear control arm because I destroyed the boot on the first original one. SO when that comes in ill be swapping those out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts