Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am wondering to change my H1 and H3 light bulb not HID, can anyone give me some good suggestion on what brand is good?
what i want is white color with little blue tint H1 bulb and purple fog light H3 bulb
please help me with some good brand of the bulb please
thanks

·
Registered
809 Posts
Im pretty sure that you can't get a bulb that will have any decent light output at all with purple in a regular halogen bulb. I'm not even sure they exist. Oh and purple light will be illegal. I have a friend that has been ticketed 2 times for blue lights. The blue tint you could probably do, but you will still see the effects of a yellow filament. . HID's ftw, and its not a huge investment. my 2

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Why would you want a purple foglight...or any purple light for that matter?

And yeah, by the time the light gets through all that tint and filtering and whatnot, there's hardly going to be any of it left.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Im pretty sure that you can't get a bulb that will have any decent light output at all with purple in a regular halogen bulb. I'm not even sure they exist. Oh and purple light will be illegal. I have a friend that has been ticketed 2 times for blue lights. The blue tint you could probably do, but you will still see the effects of a yellow filament. . HID's ftw, and its not a huge investment. my 2

no on purple like said cops and also have to agree with the HIDs

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the silvania silverstar ultra bulbs will have somewhat of a blueish tint, but the reliability on those bulbs are just horrible. Don't expect more than a year. Also getting purple bulbs won't give you too many lumens, not to mention all the cops.

·
Registered
101 Posts
you could look at luminicsbulbs.com

·
Registered
101 Posts
or try luminicsusa.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts