Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 M6i and there is no light in the space between the high beam and the turn signal just a chrome insert. But there is a light on the 2005's. What's the point of having a chrome insert instead of a real light? It's been bugging me ever since I got the car. java script:emoticon(':swearin:', 'smid_17')

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I have a 2006 M6 and there is no light in the space between the high beam and the turn signal. But there is one on the 2005's. What's the point of having a chrome insert instead of a real light? It's been bugging me ever since I got the car.java script:emoticon(':swearin:', 'smid_17') [/b]
it's an optional fog light.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Does you car have lower bumper fogs? If so, that's why you don't have a fog light in the main headlight assembly... just a chrome cap.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Zoomzoomfan is right.
I have the fog light but I have to say that I like the more traditional fog lights in the lower bumper.

·
Registered
344 Posts
VelocityRacer brings about an interesting question about having both. I am a huge fan of traditional lower bumper fog-lights, but I always wondered if the traditional fog-lights and the fog-lights located in between the high beams and the turn signal lights would work in a very excellent way together. Since I have traditional fog-lights, there is no doubt I have a chrome cap covering the area where the headlight ones would be. How would both work out? Does anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
it's an optional fog light.
[/b]
For 2003-05, yes. For 2006, not correct.

Look at my avatar. The fog lights are at the bottom on 06-07 models. The place between the turn signal and high beam is blank.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have the bumper fog lights.

I wonder why they didn't offer it as an add on for the '06 and '07(maybe it was about $$$$ ?).

Has anyone installed one on their '06 and '07 M6?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts