Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone have a picture of the jack lift points for a 3rd generation Mazda 6? Or maybe a description of what the lift point looks like.

I would like to lift the front and rear to put jack stands.

·
Super Moderator
18,109 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. Thanks for your replies.

Just in case my floor jack will not clear the front-center jack point ... Is it okay to jack the car from the rear side? And then slip in the jack stand on the front side.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Ok. Thanks for your replies.

Just in case my floor jack will not clear the front-center jack point ... Is it okay to jack the car from the rear side? And then slip in the jack stand on the front side.
This is my idea of lifting the car. I just don't know if it's possible to do it on four sides of the car using this method. And I suggest that you should not lift one side of the car too high or you risk cracking the windshield. At least I've read it on our local forum. It didn't crack but it started leaking.

I don't have my floor jack right now but I have two scissor jacks. I lift one side just enough for the wheel to be clear off the ground. Then I go to the other side and lift it. Again, I haven't tried lifting the four wheels this way.

I checked the jacking points when I went to Mazda and confirmed it with the mechanics. The "problem" I see is the rear jacking point, the exhaust pipe is in the way. I mean, you have to go over it. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how to place the floor jack on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you to all who responded. It gives me some direction on how to go about lifting my car safely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts