Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm going round to a large car supermarket tomorrow evening to pick up a 67,000 mile, 3-year old Mazda 6 TS2 diesel estate (UK 56 plate).

It looks like it's in good condition apart from a few dings where the previous owner has opened the boot door into the ceiling, but the worrying aspect is that a deeper note is emitted from the engine/transmission when the clutch pedal is depressed. I'm concerned that the previous owner has ridden the clutch to the extent that the clutch-release collar/bearing needs replacing.

I raised the issue with the vendor and they have just rung to tell me that their workshop couldn't find any issue with the clutch and that they even compared the vehicle with another similar one to check the noise.

I'm aware that the clutches aren't one of the Mazda 6's best features and so would welcome some feedback. I should say the clutch change is good and there's no sign of slippage from the (admittedly short) test drive I took the car for.

Do Mazda 6's generate a different noise with the gearbox in neutral when the clutch is depressed? The noise disappears about a second after the clutch pedal has been released - perhaps this is when the release bearing finally spins down or clears the clutch-release levers.

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE (kenevel @ Sep 29 2009, 11:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1604883
Hi everyone,

I'm going round to a large car supermarket tomorrow evening to pick up a 67,000 mile, 3-year old Mazda 6 TS2 diesel estate (UK 56 plate).

It looks like it's in good condition apart from a few dings where the previous owner has opened the boot door into the ceiling, but the worrying aspect is that a deeper note is emitted from the engine/transmission when the clutch pedal is depressed. I'm concerned that the previous owner has ridden the clutch to the extent that the clutch-release collar/bearing needs replacing.

I raised the issue with the vendor and they have just rung to tell me that their workshop couldn't find any issue with the clutch and that they even compared the vehicle with another similar one to check the noise.

I'm aware that the clutches aren't one of the Mazda 6's best features and so would welcome some feedback. I should say the clutch change is good and there's no sign of slippage from the (admittedly short) test drive I took the car for.

Do Mazda 6's generate a different noise with the gearbox in neutral when the clutch is depressed? The noise disappears about a second after the clutch pedal has been released - perhaps this is when the release bearing finally spins down or clears the clutch-release levers.

Cheers

Mike[/b]

when clutch is in should hear nothing.. if it a good deal get it... i did a clutch writeup tackel it yourself or if it wort spending 1500 get new clutch and you know where ya stand

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
justinhb
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing