Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plates look like ass.

The paint is chipping/pealing off and I don't want to deal with the MTO for new plates if I don't have to.

I know the white paint is highly-reflective (thank you 407 - not!!), but I'm thinking of a little white Tremclad to touch it up.

Anyone tried this?

·
Registered
349 Posts
lol...I've never heard of anyone painting their plates...this is interesting, let me know what happens.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Touch it up, and get some clear licence plate covers....

As long as you keep to the original colours, and that all the appropriate content is there you are ok...

Myself....I would just get some blue paint...touch up the numbers....then get a light blue licence plate cover to cover it....and unless someone gets up close you'd never know there was chips.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm sure if you're careful about it it'll turn out good. just make sure u mask it up good so that u dont get blue or white all over the place.

And i completely agree about the MTO..

·
Registered
358 Posts
I knew an old guy that painted his plates every year. He had the old style 6 digit plates so I dont think the white part is reflective. But either way he did it for years without any troubles. Go for it.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
When you renew your plates you can just get new plates for $10, which is way easier and you get a new plate # every year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts